Battle Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova Chief

About what would I have to pay to have an almost replica of the Chiefs Armor? (I mean the armor being a metal alloy). Who would make it that sort of armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, might be hard getting armor made out of metal, not to mention it would cost alot. I don't think anyone has made metal Master Chief armor.

Gah, I have to leave for school in a couple minutes.

Nova,

I dunno, since resin or styrene armor could cost you in the area of $2500 for a set...and hiring a sculptor and casting metal is prolly like 10x as expensive...I'd say conservatively around $25,000..

Yeah, it's that expensive. Start saving your pennies.

You'd have to hire a professional freelance metal sculptor, one that could cast investment or sand molds in your desired material...Aluminum or steel. I have worked in this industry for the last decade or so, but I wouldn't touch this project... I would almost certainly take a loss on the labor.

Also what is with the 'Battle Armor' thing? Why two threads of the same name that no one else uses to refer to their Spartan Mjolnir Armor?

Spartan Mjolnir Armor

I use "battle armor" because S.M.A. takes to long to type, if i was at home i would type it all out. Time consuming. :rock:

not that this matters but why would you want one out of metal. It would be way to heavy to wear for any long period and is way to expensive.

Armor

It may be $$$$$$$$$, but its worth it. It could just come in handy in the future. There could be a war (y'all most likely saw that movie Terminater were machines take over, but in the future the government might fall apart and there just might be rebels) Never know. Then you would be glad that you have Mjolnir Armor made from Metal. Besides your body would get used to the weight of the armor in time.

Try asking a greenhorn marine what running with a 60-70lbs. backpack while holding a very large machine gun is like. I'm trying to demorilize ya but trust me. Knights back in the day used horses cuz their aromor was so cumbersome. Plus it is not worth the money. If u are gonna go all out like that make it out of a bulllet proof material, with stopping power( for your whole rebel thing.)

Re: Armor

Nova_Chief said:
How about a bullet proof armor they use for the military? I think its called kelavar? Hows that?
its bit more money than fiberglass but it can be done, dont think its going to cost a few hundred dollars either

Monstermaker13 said:
dragon skin is the best out there right now ;)
U get that from Future weapons? I don't even think it is out now. kevlar would not be a solid though. It is more cloth like. I'd love to see the exact materail Mark 5/6/(7? from the MNF spot) is made from. Some kind of futeristic type stuff. Not available in stores but just to know.

Dreg said:
kevlar would not be a solid though. It is more cloth like.

Kevlar is a cloth much like fiberglass cloth. It can and is used as a solid. Our kevlar helmets are very much solid and resist small arms fire. Kevlar is also used in flak-jackets as a fabric to protect against shrapnel, combined with plates of kevlar coated porcelain that are rather heavy, and only good for one use.

If you are trying to make something bullet proof, I am totally for it!!!! I would love to but to actually make it nice, it will cost around 10-20 K.

I think a nice alternative would be to make the under gel. What you should do is first get a mold of your body. Then, make like a 1 inch thick gel (harder than jello, stays in a certain formation, like a soft rubber) and then put STF (shear thickening fluid) coated kevlar on that. Then, this would stop bullets with the stf over it, and make it not hurt as the bullet stops, and it would be very light. Then, since you want a halo looking suit, make a metal helmet (Titanium) and have ceramic (ballistics proof) plates in the masterchief armor formation, over all of it. Work out the kinks and it should work.

ok guys are we going into battle here? i dont think so, all we make this for is cons and halloween

Just go buy the Trojan armor on ebay if you want to get shot at...

I just posted it in the classifieds

Never know, we just might go to war with this "Hi-tech" armor that could be made. Now what do you think your gonna do, halloween and cons? When you could be paintballing with the armor on, you could go have fun with it, go halloweening, show it off, etc....

Dreg said:
Try asking a greenhorn marine what running with a 60-70lbs. backpack while holding a very large machine gun is like. I'm trying to demorilize ya but trust me. Knights back in the day used horses cuz their aromor was so cumbersome. .)
Not to kill you buzz but medieval armor was very mobile or they would not have worn it . I have built and fought in replica medieval armor for 15+ years and its not that heavy. I did the Corps 22 years ago and know what a full combat load and an M60 feel like.

Semper Fi
Harbinger

Hey no prob. That armor info was from my AP World History Teacher. I belive u now that i think about it.(Why were u fighting in chainmail and armor? :Steve:
As for the corps thing i don't know, not of age but heard from vets that it was pretty cumbersome whilst in combat. I don't know other wise.

NOTE::: I was not trying to demorilize anyone. Sorry if that was misnderstood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back