Battlestar Galactica - Daybreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

So, to all the BSG fans out there who have seen the latest episode 4.11, "sometimes a great notion". What do you think.
I was blown away by it, one of the best episodes by far, so many new question, and and answer to a question, that bring up even more question, the final cylon.

Dee dieing was just... wow... did not see it coming. And the way she did it, singing one second, then dead. Its almost as if it was a reflex, not a conscious decision... almost as if she was programmed to do it...

Starbuck's body, that's going to be the cause of sleep deprivation for me until i find out what's going on there. Seriously creepy stuff.
something that got me thinking, Leoben ran away from Starbuck as if he knew what she was... very intriguing, and scary!

It really is one of the best written shows I've ever seen! its one of the only shows that has such an intriguing story and keeps me guessing to the point of madness.

Thoughts, Theory's or speculations? please share them!

Yep simply the best written show ever...

I simply couldn't believe it when Dee shot herself... A VERY powerful moment for some reason always considered her one of the safe characters... Wrong (again)

Ellen???? not sure about that but very interesting idea.

Starbuck WTF!?!?!?!?!?! seriously WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! If she isn't a cyclon WTF is she!?!?!?!?!?!?!

13th Tribe not human WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!

A simply amazing episode.

Can't wait for the final 9 shows :)

Really gonna miss this show though! :(

It just makes you go, wait if Starbuck isn't a Cylon then what the heck is she? About all we know is that "She'll destroy us all!"

Anybody remember the old Battlestar Ep from the first show that took Starbuck (or was it Apollo?) onboard saved his ass and defeated the creepy devil dude? I feel a similar explanation coming on.

New question though, when did the earth Cylons hook up with the 12 Colony Cylons? And why the heck are the ancient centurion pieces more similar to the modern Cylon centurions and not the old-school ones?

Edit: Oh and another point. 2000 years after a nuclear strike is long enough to make a place habitable again. 450 years is generally livable if not safe, so I don't get it.

Video for fun. This is what we know about Starbuck so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol... nice vid sigma.

A good theory I've herd about Ellen is that she is in fact just a 6 that has aged a little. That would explain why tie is rather taken whenever he talks to her.

Perhaps the body of starbuck was a lot older than we thought? And not the body of the starbuck that went missing earlier in the series. She could have been their for a very long time, preserved inside her flight suit, which would explain why her body hasn't turned to dust if its, well, lets say 2000 years old :whistle:

Sigma- Considering the scale of the nuclear strike (the entire planet) is it possible that there was still possibly dangerous levels of radiation present?

I think the body really is the Starbuck that disappeared because she had her wedding ring and dog tags she retrieved as well as the viper parts being off a modern standard colonial viper.

For the radiation part, look at Chernobyl for example. It's been what 40 years and everything is doing great even with the radiation. It's very green with lots of wildlife. Now if you lived there I would guarantee you would die of cancer in your 30's but it wouldn't be unlivable. So why did the world look nearly dead?

In Galactica they say "low levels of radiation in the soil, and the water". The water is critical. You drink that stuff, you die pretty quick. You'de be surprised at how effective a radiation barrier your skin is but getting attacked on the inside :eek:. Still most long lasting dangerous isotopes from a nuclear blast have a half life of around 250 years. 4 half lifes is generally what's considered stable. That's 1,000 years and how long we're going to have to store each barrel of nuclear waste in our country. 2,000 years is double that so the whole thing should be fine.

You would figure though that a people who had invented artificial gravity and FTL drives would have some kind of terraforming equipment.

Also a neat little tidbit I remembered was that the old Galactica was over 500 years old but had been upgraded over the centuries. Makes me wonder how old the current Galactica is and if it ties into the the whole "This has all happened before." byline.

Wow! I'm so glad to see other people love BSG as much as I do. I have a theory, p0rtalman, but I was completely convinced that Dee was the final cylon and...well, wow, with the whole Dee thing...after last Friday's episode, I've been eating crow on that one. ***You would not believe the number of friends that called me to tell me I was wrong - but since I have been contemplating this for nearly a year waiting for season four to finish, I guess they were within their rights - They had to listen to me for nearly a year. :D ).

In a nutshell, I think the original humans create the ability to resurrect on Kobol....a sort of invented immortality. This makes the most sense, since cylons can resurrect and it's only a dilemma for humans. Over time, there is a drastic class issue - 100% human vs. 100% cylon vs. 50% hybrids. I would guess the hybrids are the final five design - not clones - only the ability to resurrect one at a time. 100% cylons could be cloned.

I'm unsure of who started the fight, but there's an element of three in the scenario. Somebody was destroyed (the Gods/The Creator), Somebody stole the fire of the Gods (which I am assuming is the Cylon technology to resurrect) and Somebody opted to completely detach from the 12 colonies and settle somewhere else (Earth).

The big reveal (other than Ellen and Dee) happened to be that the bodies found on the 2K year old decimated Earth were cylons, but there's no distinction of whether they're hybrids (resurrect individually (like Tyrol, Foster, Anders and Tigh)) or Cylon clones (like Athena, Caprica, etc.).

Ultimately, everyone keeps tinkering with Cylons. They obviously did it on Earth. They did it in the twelve colonies also. If life keeps going from Human to Cylon and Cylon back to human, AND each version of life keeps enslaving their invented cylons...I can see how "This has happened before and it will happen again." I can also see how those kids - Hera (Clone Cylon mother, Human Father), Nicholas (Cylon Father, Human Mother) and the Tigh/Caprica Baby (Clone Cylon Mother, Cylon Father) could be "the shape of things to come". Can't you?

i havent really gotten into this show at all until recently, and now im lost so im gunna go back and watch all the episodes from the beginning and see if i can get things

i really hate getting into things when they're about over :(

I'm resurrecting this thread for ongoing BSG discussion, since the last epp has aired.
So what did people think?
Personally i think they dragged on the ending for a little to long, I'm not sure about "150,000 years in the future" part, the whole "all this has happened before, and all of it will happen again" is something that i loved, but i think it could have been done better...
I have so many conflicting thoughts about the ending... cant process it all!!! All i can really think of is awesome... BUT.

Arghh I haven't started watching the final season yet, I always wait for the box sets to come out so that I can have a marathon of episodes when I've got some free time! If it says that I'm "Watching a video" on my Xbox, it's probably Battlestar!

I had no idea there were more people here that liked it as much as me! Frak! :lol:

I loved the last episode, especialy the robotics montage with all along the watch tower at the end. and what about starbucks sudden disaperance, was she really there?

church 957 said:
I loved the last episode, especialy the robotics montage with all along the watch tower at the end. and what about starbucks sudden disaperance, was she really there?
Uber spoilers:
She was an angle, like the head baltar and six, but in corporeal form, the original starbuck died when her viper was crushed earlier in the series. She was somehow resurrected by a higher power to help guide the fleet to its final resting place.
I finally figured out what i didn't like about the ending, i didn't like the fact that they connected it all to us, that they found "our" earth and that we are their descendants.
I don't know why i didn't like that part, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me...
Although now that I've had time to think about it, i did like the 150,000 years in the future bit... The idea of baltar and six just walking down times square is somthing made of both joy and fear.

I cannot wait to meet Katie Sackhoff this weekend!!!! So many questions! (she's at a convention I'm going to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back