Beaky Space Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm impressed! I've been a fan since the early 90s. I've just DL'd the Pep and I am going to try put this together. I'll try to post some Pics as I go. I'm new to the Pepakura thing but this is something I've wanted for years!

I'd love to see more of your work too, if you don't mind sharing the shoulders and such.

Quick question what are you using to model the 3d? Blender? Maya? 3dStudio? My Maya has crashed and Blender seems Bass Ackwards when I get into it. Any thoughts ideas suggestions?

Thanks,

chwbcc

Vera vera cool man !!

i also love the warhammer 40k universe, for what sort of marine u will go? Ultramarines, that would be cool, love blue and gold:)

hope that the day comes that anybody takes a chance for an eldar suit!!

Psy

Psycurve said:
Vera vera cool man !!

i also love the warhammer 40k universe, for what sort of marine u will go? Ultramarines, that would be cool, love blue and gold:)

hope that the day comes that anybody takes a chance for an eldar suit!!

Psy

You know I haven't even thought about what kind of marine. I not a fan of the Ultra Marines. Too goody goody for me, I used to like the Space Wolves until they got all Wolverine... Then they took my Fire Hawks and made them evil! So maybe it will have to be Ultramarine or Black Templars, But Dark Angels Are cool too.

I agree Eldar would be cool! I would love to see a Pep for a Harlequin Kiss or Swooping Hawks!

Last edited by a moderator:
chwbcc said:
I agree Eldar would be cool! I would love to see a Pep for a Harlequin Kiss or Swooping Hawks!

Na, striking scorpions that would be very cool

cheers

Psy

Psycurve said:
Na, striking scorpions that would be very cool

cheers

Psy

True, Scorpians would be cool. I just finished painting my Exarch a few weeks ago. Nothing special, I painted him like the box, just to get back into painting again. Now I'm on to my warp spiders.

Back on topic:

I've started the Pep for my Beakie. I think I am going to do this is two parts. The beak seperate from the helm. This should allow me to have better control during the fiber glassing and Bondo Stages. Then I can assemble them seperately.

Anyone else building one? And ideas?

I started building one. I scaled it a little build so I have to re-do it. I was going to do something similar with the beak being last. Later, I was thinking about maybe hinging the beak part so that I could make the helm come all the way back to my neck past my chin. This would be a little more accurate, I think.

Good luck with the pep. Like I said before, this was my first attempt at doing a 3D model and then the first time unfolding a pep. I probably could have gotten it done a little better, but I got tired of working on it and just wanted to get to making it. You'll definitely need bondo with this one.

Samuray said:
You'll definitely need bondo with this one.

Bondo is my new friend!!! Yeah it has a quick set time but if you work in small quick patches you and can really get some great results! And the fact that 20 minutes later I am sanding away ans seeing some really nice results!

Thats Pretty Cool, better than the one i originally have. The unfold is good just the scale at 300mm high is pretty high :) would need a big head. ^^ i had a go at unfolding the shoulders for fun. Had a bit of an issue with it always ending up 50mm high so 5cm which is not good ^^. I have old space marine parts from a guy on here who made them before.

So far i have an Space marine helmet, chest, shoulder, these are not my files i obtained them. the helmet is hi-def while the others are lo-def pieces.

I would love to see this done though, shame no one seems to carry it on. Need some chaos, elder, tau armour too :) I have Tau armour on it's way.

Regards

Matt

Venom_Di_Lemon said:
Thats Pretty Cool, better than the one i originally have. The unfold is good just the scale at 300mm high is pretty high :) would need a big head. ^^ i had a go at unfolding the shoulders for fun. Had a bit of an issue with it always ending up 50mm high so 5cm which is not good ^^. I have old space marine parts from a guy on here who made them before.

So far i have an Space marine helmet, chest, shoulder, these are not my files i obtained them. the helmet is hi-def while the others are lo-def pieces.

I would love to see this done though, shame no one seems to carry it on. Need some chaos, elder, tau armour too :) I have Tau armour on it's way.

Regards

Matt

Sorry about that. I uploaded the OBJ instead of the unfolded pep. The link is fixed now.

Shoulder looks amazing, mate. Can't wait for the rest. I bet the chest will be quite difficult, when you get around to it.

Things are starting to take shape! Yeah I think this is going to be a Black Templar or an Ultramarine. This is going together really easy, thanks to my Office Depot glue stick and small Binder clips <-- a must have for Pepakura!

I think I am going to try and assemble the vents but I am not sure if I am going to put them on or close them up and dremmel them out later. Any thoughts?

chwbcc said:

Things are starting to take shape! Yeah I think this is going to be a Black Templar or an Ultramarine. This is going together really easy, thanks to my Office Depot glue stick and small Binder clips <-- a must have for Pepakura!

I think I am going to try and assemble the vents but I am not sure if I am going to put them on or close them up and dremmel them out later. Any thoughts?

I was going to put on the back pieces and the top but not the sides. That way it still vents but you can't see through it for the most part.

What did you scale your helmet to?

Samuray said:
I was going to put on the back pieces and the top but not the sides. That way it still vents but you can't see through it for the most part.

What did you scale your helmet to?

That's a good idea.

Scale?!? LOL I didn't scale it at all. I wanted to see it all together and go from there. I'm new to the Pep Armor idea so scale is the least of my worries, I need to understand the processes better. Although, I'm 6'4" and so far when I hold this up to my head and look in the mirror it looks pretty good on me. A full suit may be stocky if done proportionally, but I would rather look stocky than skinny.

When I get closer to finishing I'll post photos of it on. And to be honest, I've read the scaling thread and it doesn't make complete sense yet... I just want to cut paper and build something cool! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome pep files. I actually got onto this site whilst searching for 40k armor plans. Now that I see these, my Mk6 build can be delayed while I build these. Do you have a chestpiece by any chance?

Judge said:
Awesome pep files. I actually got onto this site whilst searching for 40k armor plans. Now that I see these, my Mk6 build can be delayed while I build these. Do you have a chestpiece by any chance?

Not yet. I'll get working on it soon, hopefully. Classes just started up again.

Samuray said:
Not yet. I'll get working on it soon, hopefully. Classes just started up again.

I've created a file in Excel that should help with Method #1, from this thread on scaling. Scaling Thread See if it works.

Pepakura Conversion Kit:

.xls file

Pepakura Conversion Kit

.xlsx file

Pepakura Conversion Kit

The idea was to take xtreme's math and put it in a form that is easy to use.

All you have to do is insert numbers in the red boxes and Tada, you end up with the proper Pep Scaling Numbers to achieve a perfect fit for any height.

It's not perfect, builders still have to measure an image or a model like Method #1 states, However, they should be able to measure a complete model, collect the numbers and quickly find all the Pep numbers for a full suit of armor!

Let me know if it works for you and I'd like to know what you think.

Peace

chwbcc

OK I am going to scrap my first attempt! :lol Yeah it's huge!!! But actually not by much. I'm going to use the calculator I posted above to uhelp find the scale and we'll see how this goes, the second time.

I want to post my progress on Instructables, do you mind? I'll give you credit for the great work and link people back to this thread.

Are you posting this on the http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back