Beaky Space Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hirgon said:
I have the front unfolded on the no aquila model, eyes started going buggy last night so i will finish it up today.

Should be alot smoother build also.....but still lots of cutting.....

Awesome job! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hirgon said:
I have the front unfolded on the no aquila model, eyes started going buggy last night so i will finish it up today.

Should be alot smoother build also.....but still lots of cutting.....

Me too, I have it all broken apart and should have a version ready later tonight as well.

Very Nice Pep "H" what scale did you pep it at? Do you mind if I edit and re work your file a bit in addition to the one I am working on?

I scaled it to 430mm width for letter size paper.

Go ahead and rework away....i am still learning so i would like to see what changes you make.

Hirgon said:
I scaled it to 430mm width for letter size paper.

Go ahead and rework away....i am still learning so i would like to see what changes you make.

Ok here is my finished Pep, it's Pep'd at 472 height

Chest No Aquila

I like how clean your pieces are but they have to be broken apart to get to the scale for my height.

Here's my scaling kit I used and you can find the scaling photo in my gallery:

Pepakura Conversion Kit.xls

Cool I think between the two of us we can get a really nice Pep. I like when a Pep is scaled too large and all I have to do is rearrange the pieces to save paper, instead of having to break them to fit the paper.

Let me know what you think.

chwbcc said:
Ok here is my finished Pep, it's Pep'd at 472 height

Chest No Aquila

I like how clean your pieces are but they have to be broken apart to get to the scale for my height.

Here's my scaling kit I used and you can find the scaling photo in my gallery:

Pepakura Conversion Kit.xls

Cool I think between the two of us we can get a really nice Pep. I like when a Pep is scaled too large and all I have to do is rearrange the pieces to save paper, instead of having to break them to fit the paper.

Let me know what you think.

Nice unfold....this is still a crazy busy pep even with the aquila gone.

Hirgon said:
Nice unfold....this is still a crazy busy pep even with the aquila gone.

Right! This might be best to print on larger paper to keep some of those pieces nice and large like you have them.

Samuray, I've noticed that the breaks aren't symmetrical. Do you build each side separately in your 3d program or do you mirror it left to right?

chwbcc said:
Right! This might be best to print on larger paper to keep some of those pieces nice and large like you have them.

Samuray, I've noticed that the breaks aren't symmetrical. Do you build each side separately in your 3d program or do you mirror it left to right?

Usually I build one side and then mirror it. Sometimes I see problems after I've mirrored it and done a bunch of other stuff and I end up just trying to eyeball it. It's an unfortunate side effect of rushing to get stuff done. If you're willing to do another unfold, you could tell me which side you like best and I can mirror it for you reasonably quickly.

Samuray said:
Usually I build one side and then mirror it. Sometimes I see problems after I've mirrored it and done a bunch of other stuff and I end up just trying to eyeball it. It's an unfortunate side effect of rushing to get stuff done. If you're willing to do another unfold, you could tell me which side you like best and I can mirror it for you reasonably quickly.

As for me i think the left side was alot easier to unfold than the right. Also the thin little parts around the arm hole are going to be a pain in the butt to pep so if you could take the width of those 2 parts and just make it a flat single piece that is 90 degrees from the outer edge....that would make it easier to unfold and build.

Here is where i mean

http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1258044606/gallery_6031_1780_25987.jpg

Cheers

James

Hirgon said:
As for me i think the left side was alot easier to unfold than the right. Also the thin little parts around the arm hole are going to be a pain in the butt to pep so if you could take the width of those 2 parts and just make it a flat single piece that is 90 degrees from the outer edge....that would make it easier to unfold and build.

Here is where i mean

http://405th.com/forums/uploads/1258044606/gallery_6031_1780_25987.jpg

Cheers

James

Yeah. I figured those might be a problem. By left did you mean the person's left who would be wearing the costume or left as you're looking at the model? Just want to be clear.

Samuray said:
Yeah. I figured those might be a problem. By left did you mean the person's left who would be wearing the costume or left as you're looking at the model? Just want to be clear.

Left as your looking at it. OR right as your wearing it.....

Hirgon said:
Left as your looking at it. OR right as your wearing it.....

Right, I mean I agree! what he said... that was the easier side and it has fewer breaks/slits that have to be cut.

I though the small pieces on the helm would be difficult but actually the way they were pep'd wasn't as bad as I though. Granted I took the fast and furious approach during the build because I know I am going to fix issues in later stages... SO I didn't really care if they were too small I just taped them and moved on to the next piece.

I need someone to pep me some patience! :p

chwbcc said:
Right, I mean I agree! what he said... that was the easier side and it has fewer breaks/slits that have to be cut.

I though the small pieces on the helm would be difficult but actually the way they were pep'd wasn't as bad as I though. Granted I took the fast and furious approach during the build because I know I am going to fix issues in later stages... SO I didn't really care if they were too small I just taped them and moved on to the next piece.

I need someone to pep me some patience! :p

Sorry, chwbcc, patience is too complicated, with all those overlapping edges :p

Well I finally pepped all your pieces, except for the chestpiece sorry. Thanks so much for sharing your work, it's greatly appreciated. One thing I did with the Arms was actually just join them, didn't actually score or fold any of them. They are that good they just ended up nice and rounded. Also figured it would save in the body-filler (Bondo) stage as well. I did fold the elbow pieces though, only through the centre line. Worked okay. Anyway I have some pics of the pieces in my WIP in the Noob section. If you like I can take some pics of individual pieces to put in here, to show what your peps actually look like.

I started posting my build up on B&C, do you mind if I link to this thread? I mean you are the God behind the build!

chwbcc said:
I started posting my build up on B&C, do you mind if I link to this thread? I mean you are the God behind the build!

Sure. Go ahead. I've been meaning to head over there for a while now anyway.

So how goes it Samuray? Any progress on your suit yet? I've been directing a few people to this post in RL, hopefully you get lots of recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back