been a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fizog

hey guys.. its been a while since i updated my progress.. so thought i prolly should get round to it.. well rl been getting in the way.. moving house.. new job etc.. but have managed to get a few things done dispite getting sidetracked.. ohh and sry for pic heavy.. :D
first of all i wanted to get the gloves out of the way.. have undersuit sorted to just needs a lil bit jiggering once armor peices rdy..
test mid pep for glove size etc..
DSC00279.jpg

wich finally became ...
DSC00360.jpg

sry for poor qual .. different cam used and lighting was bad.. but u get the idea..

i also started the ma5-x
at pep stage..
DSC00260.jpg

at first primer...
DSC00265.jpg

then at trial undercoat stage..
DSC00355.jpg

have since smoothed it considerabley and added clip.. its almost rdy for finally base and mat black+ accessorys to finish it off.. will post a pic once i am happy with it :D
omg how did those gloves sneak into my ma5 pic.. gah they get everywhere..
mean while my helmet it gathering dust.. but sitting pretty..
DSC00357.jpg

those sneaky gloves at it again lol
started pepping the chest but then got sidetracked...
so far...
DSC00401.jpg

now for what side tracked me... am sure u guys will recognise it...
DSC00337.jpg

^at partial pep and test lense fitting..
after much work on and off primering and sanding filling etc i came across a new paint
so i decided to test it.. came out almost crome effect wich made me smile..( will be useing for undercoat for final gold/red to give it depth and make it really "pop")
DSC00390.jpg

as u can see still was in need of smoothing etc.. and paint went on nicely.. for a heavy metalic.. it currently looks like this ( below) almost as smooth as i would like (though looking considerabley less shiney) and getting to the stage i will flat it off and paint/add finishing touches such as the giant screw/bolt heads etc..
DSC00402.jpg

as u can see in pic have the paint waiting.. but old ironman is gunna have to take a back seat cos poor old mc has been neglected of late and needs some tlc... i am only doing the ironman ( will also do a war machine) while wearable.. to be my bookends for my dvd's and games.. tbo i am glad i got distraced have learnt a fair bit and hope i can put that learnt knowledge to use on the rest of the mc suit.. well thats it for now... and if u made it all the way down here to the bottom.. i will hopefully be updateing a bit more regually as i progress futher into my build.. take it easy guys and gals..:cool;)

looking good! im liking your ar, bet that will look awesome when finished :D
are you making your own undersuit or using a pressure suit ?

cheers .. for the undersuit.. i am goin with armoured motor x top black skin tight with padding in all the right places.. should peek through from underneath the armour peices give it a propper exo-skelleton ( as thats what the suit really is) feel to it.. i will be throwing down a light cover of rubberised spray over the cloth sections ( plasti-dip) then might even silver it up a bit in places to make it look worn.. it has a built in back support( armour sections) wich i will be leaveing out of the chest item to show through and tie in nicely for that all in 1 look.. the legs i went with leather/cloth armoured bike pants ( trousers for us brits) they have the padding and leather around and under where the armour will be and like the top will peek through ( hopefully) and the cotton/polly weave to aid movement will be reciveing the same treatment as the top.. will also be able to hide a pair of boots under the ancles to allow me to build the feet over the top .. took me a while to shop around and find exactly what i want.. still need to find a good neck.. don't really want to have to go for a ballaclava( think thats how its spelt) so maybe a diving collor will see... and ya worked out a tad more pricey than a straight up black jump suit etc but then we pay the price for our hobbies now don't we lol :D.. if what i just wrote makes 0 sence then i guess i could throw it on and take a pic ( un-moddified as of yet) if u don't mind my ugly mug bein in a pic on here ;)

sneaky double post i know.. but had issues editing previous post for pics.. just took a couple so u can see what i am blatherin about.. :D

front
front.jpg

and back
back.jpg

just a lil update.. been workin on chest front half pep'd hopefully starting on back 2morro if i find the time..
DSC00408.jpg

update!!!...
been workin on chest some more got it pep'd up.. and just through down the first resin coat on outside.. was glorious day for once.. i know shock horror a sunny day in scotland lol.. have also managed to pep up 1 shin.. wasn't happy with the finished artical though was far to bulbas for my build.. the boon of being lanky have to go wide for length then everything huge.. anyhoo pic of resind chest chillin( cureing) in the sun and a b4 and after me hacking shin
DSC00428.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

.. and for the shin

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

few mods.. for size/comfort and i think it looks more realistic on.. even if not perfectly accurate.. ( those keen eyed peeps will also notice a section missing out of the back of the chest.. where i am also takeing libertys on actual mc.. but will be tieing it in to the semi ridged back plate on undersuit.. see above post)

Wow, this is looking good. Where was that chrome paint from? Looks awesome, I might invest in some. Keep us posted!

cheers.. the chrome effect paint i used was .. plasti-kote (projekt paint) brilliant metallic.. will be useing a satin version gold for the finish on ironman, i swear by plasi-kote tbo.. apart from it being readerly available via a supplier near me lol it has a very high qual finish for a spray can.. nice coverage very little/ if any run isues etc, must admit i wasn't to sure about how the chrome would come out thus the lil trial early stage build but it didn't disapoint .. was even tempted for a while to finish it chromed up once smoothed etc

hey again.. just a lil update while resin still cureing on chest etc.. decided to make a lil head way :D on my ironman helm.. still a ways to go on it ofc alota finishing touches leds touch ups bolt/screw heads etc.. but have managed to throw down a top coat
im2.jpg

okies another update... have been finishing off the assult rifle ma5-c/b? wichever it is... still a few finishing touches to go.. have added the green button post photo but havin to wait for delivery of the right sized bolts to stud in .. silly me ordered wrong size and they were way to big.. woulda looks weird.. but heres a couple of pics to show kinda what it looks like now..
DSC00442.jpg

and a more action/game style view...
DSC00444.jpg

the lil counter a lil to gleary due to flash and its shinyness.. but shows the beaten/weatherd look off i guess..
work continues on chest... and have started (re)peping shoulders as first attempt was to large.. well i thought so so moddified but had 4gotten extra size needed for under suit.. lol but hey.. live n learn

just a mini update 2day.. ma5 all done.. and while not absolutely game accurate... i don't mind and think it turned out not to bad considering the nightmare i had with it.. expander foam!! need i say more lol.. so anyhoo here it is
DSC00448.jpg

as u can see have added bolt heads etc to give it a bit more of the constructed feel.. breaks the lines up a bit.. well am back off to slave over the chest.. gah sanding.. gotta luv it right? :D

nice rifle! What did you do for the ammo display? I got a cast of an AR and looking for ideas. You gonna put a flashlight in it?

for the display.. i cheated.. lol got an ingame pic of it.. then went to town on stretching and touching it up so it looked right.. then printed it off backed it on card and clear coated it for high gloss look.. few coats later and it had a semi glass cover finish to it.. if u really wanted to push the boat out u could even sink it into the gun and get a plexi sheet cut to fit over it.. would give it more depth.. ofc u could also hollow it have a semi clear print of a shot counter and have a led behind it.. but that was just to much hassle for me so i took the quick easy route :D flash light in it? in the front u mean?.. it has 1 just hidden and painted to match.. hard to see it propperly from side view :S .. mini mag-lite style .. twist on/off

just a lil update.. weather hasn't been great for resin/paint so only a small amount of progress.. painted up the front half of the chest.. still a fair few finishing touches to do but thought i would throw up some pics of it so far.. sorry for poor cam qual .. it doesn't show the texture and weathering very well.. but better than nada...
DSC00452.jpg

and a couple of lil close ups of the "damage" i decided to throw into the mix..
DSC00454.jpg
DSC00455-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back