Benable Iron-Man Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

benable

ok so first of all i hope im doing this right beacause i have little experience posting on forums

i'm currently in the process on making my own iron man helmet, drawing inspiration off others on these forums:)

i started the following using Dungbeeetles pepped helmet file. so thank you Dungbeetle:)

p.s if you cant see these pic's im sorry, like i said im a shocker at this lol

[attachment=15965:23032010_003.jpg]

[attachment=15966:12-04-10_2125.jpg]

im pretty much at the stage of sanding the face plate down as you can tell, as iv used fiberglass and bodyfill to make the helmet, this is taking awhile!!!

this is a work in progress and il update when i can

hope you enjoy:)

JEStudio said:
Looks good which Dungbeetle version did u use? the newest ?

thanx Syphon! it took about an hour of sanding to get it that smooth.

JEStudio, im pretty sure its his second one, i got a link from one of the pep threads. It'l end up looking different as i had a few bugger ups during the fiberglassing so iv slightly changed the shape of the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh ... cool I just finished that one myself havent started the sanding or bondo part yet. Keep up the good work and like the smoothness of the faceplate as well.

Hey can you guys tell me how you sized your helmets?

Did you use Xtreme Tactics tutorial on sizing?

~James

actually james the sizing of mine was dumb luck. i just used the standard layout the pep files came in and it fitted my noggin perfectly lol

CelticSpartan, its actually my customised pc i built myself. it has a cooler master case which im guessing is similiar:)

update time!! so i have coated the whole helmet in body filler and starting to sand down.

also iv cut the heads off a few screws, counter sunk holes into the faceplate and resined the screw heads into it

then i have done a light coat of gold paint to see how the face plate will look. Not bad but i think the gold is "to gold" and it needs to be more yellow

If you want to keep the metallic look but lighten the shade, try finding some Tamiya "clear yellow", mix in a drop of white, which will lighten it up

Fox w said:
If you want to keep the metallic look but lighten the shade, try finding some Tamiya "clear yellow", mix in a drop of white, which will lighten it up

thanx man. its food for thought

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back