Best Halo Marketing You've Seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemontree

I suddenly just realized that I very rarely see any Halo marketing... mostly because I already know i'm going to purchase anything ;) Has anyone seen any Halo marketing that caught their attention? Was thinking of guerilla marketing or some amazing videos especially.

I read an article talking about 'alternate reality game' with regards to Halo, but no idea what they are talking about :///

This was perhaps the best video I saw. Very beautiful.

#HuntTheTruth was best and most epic campaign, IMO. I've never been waiting wish so much excitement for each episode. First season was jaw-dropping. It was so damn deep, provided so many twists and information... Just amazing. And love how actors performed, it felt so damn real. Loved second season... and I've never been so disappointed that they have ended it. Wanted it so much to continue.

Love the Bungie live-action trailers (Halo 3 ODST and Reach trailers) and especially I love Forward Unto Dawn and watch it very often... but for me, nothing beats the amazing #HuntTheTruth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if Niell Blomkamp's Landfall short film was ever part of the Halo 3 advertising but, I really loved it.
#HuntTheTruth was best and most epic campaign, IMO. I've never been waiting wish so much excitement for each episode. First season was jaw-dropping. It was so damn deep, provided so many twists and information... Just amazing. And love how actors performed, it felt so damn real. Loved second season... and I've never been so disappointed that they have ended it. Wanted it so much to continue.

Love the Bungie live-action trailers and especially I love Forward Unto Dawn and watch it very often... but for me, nothing beats the amazing #HuntTheTruth.
This is the first time I have heard about #HuntTheTruth. Gotta look into this.

Halo 3's "Believe" campaign. The interviews with the "Veterans of the Covenant War" vignettes were very cool. Of course, this was all when we thought that Halo 3 was going to be the last game with Master Chief, so, a lot of the impact and emotion built up in the advertising campaign and supplementary material, like the play bill for the Master Chief memorial concert, have been drastically undercut by the later Retcons.

But at the time, it was very cool and unlike anything done for a Game before it.

Believe

"Landfall" gets my vote for favourite with a close second being "We Are ODST", I swear I'm not biased.

After watching that short again it reminds me that I need to go make a pennant...

We are ODST wins for me followed by Hunt the Truth. This based on re-watches of the first and anticipation of each release on the second.

Hunt the Truth was pretty good, but I also really liked all the Reach live-action stuff, including the video at top there. Halo 3's Believe campaign was pretty great.

But, as for unique.... ilovebees.com. I think that was the first massively played ARG for a video game, and it was super successful. :)

Can I change my answer? The RvB PSA for the launch of Halo 3 Forge expansion DLC is my favourite and I still quote "it's just a big empty room" from time to time.

The videos are all pretty cool. But has anyone seen any epic posters/guerilla marketing, etc for Halo? Some games do some pretty great marketing, I remember some challenges to promote the game :D

Last edited:
Halo to VR would be a terrible idea! Now way I would ever be productive in my life again!

Hey toxicdeathnight this thread has gone almost a full year without any replies or updates. Usually responding to a thread that has gone more than three months, and definitely a year, is considered "necro-posting" is considered bad Forum Etiquette as it pushes down and hides active threads with old threads that are no longer relavent.

In the future when you go on a posting spree, please make sure to check the date of the last post in the thread before replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back