bevbor's armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's awesome :) Dumpster diving ftw.

You cut fiberglass so neatly, that's so impressive. When I cut my fiberglass cloth it looked like spiderman did it....a web of strands everywhere haha.

You've gone the xtra mile with your shoesies. Yours won't suffer from the famous click clack syndrome since you kept the sole via the hinge. :)

bevbor said:
I've got more glass fibres!
2246123029_24fe5740a1_b.jpg

2246919506_aa3c836acb_b.jpg

Actually, I do not buying it, I'm just checking trash containers of a few big factories :) Thus I have such "mix" of various fibres with different textures.
what kind of factories do you get it from, surfboard factories?

Last edited by a moderator:
supertaco said:
what kind of factories do you get it from, surfboard factories?

One of them builds boats, second does plane parts repairs and third produces covers for telecom antennas.

Lol looks nice bevbor, at first I didnt know what it was until I clicked, Master Buzz light year cheif? lol

AoBfrost said:
Lol looks nice bevbor, at first I didnt know what it was until I clicked, Master Buzz light year cheif? lol
Buzz Lightyear Legendary Edition

I'm starting to build last Flying_Squirl's helmet.
I unfolded it by myself. I edited flaps on surfaces that must be curved to easier alignment - teeth-blank-teeth-blank etc. This really helps a lot. See the picture.

bevbor said:
I unfolded it by myself. I edited flaps on surfaces that must be curved to easier alignment - teeth-blank-teeth-blank etc. This really helps a lot. See the picture.
That's wierd. I did the exact same thing. I did it first though :p It really does help a lot with aligning all the pieces up.

bevbor said:
ooohhhyea, i did this on one of the older helmet but totaly forgot. i think i got the idea from robo. you didnt happen to save the file did you?

flying_squirl said:
you didnt happen to save the file did you?

I did save it, why do you ask? :)

Btw I have additional unfoldding trick to keep the alignment of cheek part easier:
2256770135_5cc7eb44f5_o.jpg

All of the sudden, your helmet FS looks like a child could assemble it, the ieces are so large and easy to fold according to bevbor's cut outs, I want it!

flying_squirl said:
hmmm... can i haz it for the download data base?

oh and, was that cheek bit not a SOAB to cut and stick?

You will have it. But now this file good enough for me and not for others cuz it isn't finished and arranged properly. It will take day or two for me to finish it. Bdw I didn't cut this SOAB part yet and cannot say how it SOAB is, I did cut and stick ony approx 1/3 of helmet, mostly back bottom part.

AoBfrost said:
All of the sudden, your helmet FS looks like a child could assemble it, the ieces are so large and easy to fold according to bevbor's cut outs, I want it!

That is what I'm exactly trying to do - unfold helmet so that it will be constructed only from a few big parts.

After a lil break I return to boots. Here are the struts for fiberglassing RG HD boot's top part.
2257567723_06bd51c782_b.jpg

2257567943_7747eff793_b.jpg

AoB, deal. :)
I did it for A4. We're not use letter paper here. =(
After lil experiments with previous SOAB cheek parts I tossed them out of the window :)
The were too wavy.
I did rethink unfolding and here are my new parts:
2261514208_9fd82c3a0d_b.jpg

2260719459_8e057eab88_b.jpg

Those "painful" flaps minimized to 2 mm and their corners set to 90 degrees. :)
It is not necessary to bend them too much so I did them easier to cut.

Buzz lightyear, commander of starcommand! TO, infinity and beyond! Hes so pwnage, lol, boots are looking great bevbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back