bevbor's armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
So seeing your photos, it's answered a question of mine ... sort of. Comparing the numbers on yours to the files, it seems to match up to the Right Boot file. I had wondered before when looking what was up, and Robo said they were just inside out ... I then wondered if the right would make the left, and vice versa, and it seems to be the case having seen your pictures.

HD boot on supports before resining

2195063436_77ac178b18_b.jpg

2195063372_570854cc3c_b.jpg

Supports are creative, isn't it? :)

Skope said:
Comparing the numbers on yours to the files, it seems to match up to the Right Boot file. I had wondered before when looking what was up, and Robo said they were just inside out ... I then wondered if the right would make the left, and vice versa, and it seems to be the case having seen your pictures.
I'm going to fix that soon. I'd do it now, but I don't have the files with me today, so I'll work on it a bit later.
I'm going to make the 2-piece version (toe and heel), and add some supports to the 2 and 3-piece models. I'll also make sure that the faces are facing the right way (instead of being inside out).

@ Bevbor
Everything looks nice. I can't wait to see how everything turns out painted. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dannifood4less said:
ok, so heres what happened..

(see pic)
[attachment=2560:bluehelm.jpg]
#1. that ridge was the mistake, it should not have gone past the top of the helmet, i noticed that a bit too late.
#2. that one wasnt that bad on my model, woah its sticking up way too far,, the second pic attached is my screenshot of when i decided to re-do the helmet, spotting my flaws..(was originally posted in my thread)
#3. this part was not too bad, but i wanted it to be perfect, again, i noticed it too late, and fixed it for my newest helmet..
its also easier to build.
link is in my sig.
[attachment=2561:messy.jpg]

Same thing happened to me. All I did was just pop it in and it worked fine. ;)

I know the top piece is just loosely sitting on top, but are the edges going to line up with the heel piece? If so, how did you ensure that when you resined?

Wow, How long did it take to fold that boot/handplate? Very small and intricate folds, I could never glue something that small ;P.

-Doom

Skope said:
I know the top piece is just loosely sitting on top, but are the edges going to line up with the heel piece? If so, how did you ensure that when you resined?

Have you seen books with thin cover? That is what looks like cardstock after resining. It's very flexible, say as laminated paper for example. You right about lines, for now theyre wrong. But lines direction will be important at fiberglassing stage, not now. :)

Doom said:
Wow, How long did it take to fold that boot/handplate? Very small and intricate folds, I could never glue something that small ;P.

-Doom

:)
I actually never did time study. This boot pepakura took me 2 days (with breaks for food, sleep, work etc). And about "intricate" folds - believe me, it isn't so hard to do them as it can looks. Just start and keep rowing :)

AoBfrost said:
He could have resined them separately then after they were dry, attach them.
At a certain point though, the resin will kill all flexibility and if edges need to be pulled in to line up, you're SOL

bevbor said:
...But lines direction will be important at fiberglassing stage, not now. :)
And that's more towards what I was getting at. I didn't know you were still at the thin resin stage, thought it might be thicker. I know how 1-2 coats of resin affect the paper. How do you plan on lining them up later (i.e. more resin/fiberglass stage)?

bevbor said:
Thank you guys for your appreciation. But I cannot stop and today
finished out of pep the MC Left Boot HD RG Model.
2193939966_6e42cd4487_b.jpg

2193940796_0375b04d35_b.jpg

2193941644_0f46a9cb46_b.jpg

2193152725_665a6355a9_b.jpg

How much space was between the toe and heel of the work boot and the pep boot.
I think mine might be a little too big.
What do you think?

S5031532.jpg

S5031533.jpg

S5031534.jpg

S5031536.jpg

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

G-099

Bevbor, I just wanted to tell you that you might want to wait on fiberglassing the boot. I'm editing the boot models ATM, and should be done with them soon (hopefully today).

It's nothing major, I'm just making a 2-piece boot as well as the 3-piece, and I'm adding supports to both of them. You'll be able to use the supports from the new 3-piece model on the old one, you'll just have to guess where they go. That way all the pieces should line up well, and the piece will be in proportion.

Robogenisis said:
Bevbor, I just wanted to tell you that you might want to wait on fiberglassing the boot.
Thank you Robo for warning. I'll be wait for your last version.
But now I prepared my boot for fiberglassing and cut out cloth.
2205464183_46bc77b02d_b.jpg

2206254880_38377a50e6_b.jpg

Wait a minute! What this hinge is doing there? :)

2206256816_ce6f5d5228_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back