bevbor's armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

My first helmet was completely wrong because it was made of regular paper and too small. But I'm not trash it :)
Here take #2.
DF4L's model.
Yes, it is BLUE, but it is only cardstock I found in our place.
And I used PVAc, not hotglue.

2078580929_032f0dfd9f_b.jpg

2078580331_498bb73d8b_b.jpg

2078581571_13caef8839_b.jpg

2078582201_73134bccdf_b.jpg

2079368466_a41c52e07d_b.jpg

Best regards

Looks like danni's model without fold lines, very nice, I tried slyfo's without fold lines and the way it's chopped up made it too hard to finish. Danni's and FS's are the smoothest and most detailed right now, both being game accurate. Love the work.

Looks good, but I don't this part is right:
2078580929_032f0dfd9f_b.jpg

That should be sunken into the helmet more, I believe.

Thats due to a fold line that should be there isnt, because the fold lines are taken off his .pdo in some areas, thats why that happened, I have had similar problems with my helmet, I used slyfo's with fold lines turned off, made the helmet tons smoother, but I started noticing the shape of the helmet wasnt correct because many areas that should be pointing in or out werent because there were no fold lines

JediStumpy said:
good job...how long did it take you to cut and glue? any major problems with this mod?

Hi,
nothing special, but I believe the marked area must be raised, not sunken. It seems like mistake in mod, but it is still possible to add some repair now just adding the paper box outside.
2080313170_7224154ce2_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bevbor said:
Hi,
nothing special, but I believe the marked area must be raised, not sunken. It seems like mistake in mod, but it is still possible to add some repair now just adding the paper box outside.
I have the same thing on my helmet, I just filled it in and sanded it down...

There is actually two version of the game models. One that sticks in and one that is flush/sticks out a bit.

Looks like you got the inward version.

-Doom

Hello again,
little update here.

Today I bought some things to continue helmet.
Take a look:
2127109619_e95a7abe93_o.gif

Yes, it's me.
1. Perfect gas mask - military brand, with drinkin valve.
2. Dremel tool with flashlight attached to it. Wow.
3. Polycraft plastic, dunno why I bought it, but may be useful.
4. Fabulous Bondo. Wow again.

What I have to do next?

Best regards

bevbor said:
Hi,

I noticed that when I was building mine. Luckily for me, that sunken in part that should be raised was a separate piece on each side due to the way I had split things up, so I reversed all the folds on it to make it stick out: See my helm here

Stretch919 said:
I noticed that when I was building mine. Luckily for me, that sunken in part that should be raised was a separate piece on each side due to the way I had split things up, so I reversed all the folds on it to make it stick out: See my helm here

I decided to not change it. More "InGame-ic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back