Bimp Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

Guys, I have a question about GIMP.

How can you change the time gaps between each picture????

for example when I play my animation it just takes 1 second to show all the images

" In every GIF animation you are allowed to specify the delay between frames. That way you can create a 12 second animation using only a few frames, because the delay does not have to be constant. In GIMP you specify the delay as a layer comment. Just double-click the layer comment in the layers' window and a delay in ms enclosed in brackets ()."

"To check if the timing is good, you can preview the animation using the <Image> Filters -> Animation -> Animation Playback. You can even drag the preview around your desktop. "

quote from this tutorial.

I already fixed the animation but

How do I save it???? because when i save it it says to export and when i export it, and when i check my images, its just a bunch of images in one.

so im really confused so can someone help me with this???

" Now we only need to save our animation as GIF. Before we do that, let's optimize the animation using the <Image> Filters -> Animation -> Animation Optimize function. This will create a new image using a different mode than what we have now. You can use two different modes for every frame of your animation. You can either use the replace mode (default), which will replace the old frame with the new one. It's like taking the frame out before adding a new one. The other is the combine method, in which the new frame is added to the previous frame. That way only changes need to be updated. That's what animation optimize basically does. The file size gets tremendously smaller. Now we need to index the image using <Image>Image-> Mode -> Indexed function (Alt+I).

Try to use as little colors as possible and avoid dithering. Both number of colors and dithering tend to enlarge the filesize dramaticaly. I used no color dithering and generated 32 color palette. The file size of the banner is about 7kB. If you now save the image as GIF, GIMP will ask whether it should save the image as an animation, which is exactly what we need. In the save as GIF dialog, you can specify the default delay (in our example it will be used for the blured frames) and disposal method. You can use your WWW browser to check the animation, or you can use the animation playback function in the animation section of the image menu."

also you can look here, i believe i sent you a link in another thread.

Gimp Animating

thanks,

i already saved it in my images folders, but when i click it to see the animation it says there is no preview available.

All i want to do is post it in my sig.

BIMP is to fukin complicated for me :(

here are the pics

First Image: 6 seconds

MyBannerMaker_Banner45454.jpg

Second Image: 4 sec

MyBannerMaker_Banner.jpg

Third Image: 4 sec

MyBannerMaker_Banner22.jpg

Fourth Image: 4 sec

[/IMG]

645454.jpg