Help Two Mac Users Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

Okay!

So, as most of you know it is really darn difficult to run peprakura on a mac.

My friend and I want to make ourselves some suits. But seeing as we both have Macs, and we don't have ready access to any PC's its proving a real pain to get the files scaled and printed.

What we were hoping was that one of the kind members here would scale and convert to PDF the files necessary to create our Armour.

We would both be really grateful if somebody could do this.

The files we need scaled and converted are:

All of robogenisis, mark VI armour files (Arms, torso, legs, etc), and a mark VI helmet (any one as long as its HD) these would be scaled for a person who is 5,10".

And the rookie ODST files scaled for somebody who is about 5,5".

Thanks in advance, We are really grateful.

I'm the 5'5" guy, We poor mac users would love help with this :< I wanna get started soon so i can be ready for release...idk if I'll make it but I will try. Thanks in advance to those who give us a helping hand! :3

Poor in computer resources.

But, it really would be helpful if you could scale and convert some files for us.

Thanks!

and dont try crossover or any other platform program... doesnt work!

I'm a mac user myself, just get an old computer running it, it doesnt need high specs to run pepakura...

McCaboose said:
how can you be poor and have a mac?

w/e, ill see if i can scan some ODST stuff for you.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

as for bootcamp, I can't find XP CD for sale anywhere D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just run Bootcamp. If you need XP, look a bit harder. There are still sales of it around in places ... *cough*Turrent*cough*

I run all of my stuff on a Mac, as well as a laptop PC and I do most of my pep printing from my Mac.

- Adulese

Hey, I'll try to help out send me a PM with your emails and I'll send you the PDF's as best as I can

I unfortunately don't know all of the formulas for the ODST scaling, but I'll do my best... Did you want the original ODST helm or the (harder) rookie helm.

Also if you can send me the links for the pepakura files that would help immensely.... Finally, I'm assumming you want Letter sized Paper. Aye?

Cheers!

this has been disscussed many many times. bootcamp it google for xp downloads and use the search feature on the forums. each topic says the same things. lots of people on the forums have macs and this way is how the majority does it.

CommanderFluffy said:
this has been disscussed many many times. bootcamp it google for xp downloads and use the search feature on the forums. each topic says the same things. lots of people on the forums have macs and this way is how the majority does it.

With all due respect Commander, using bootcamp is not a viable option for some. Generally boot camp requires the partitioning of drives in order to run windows/linux and macosx on an apple. Some people are also not able to have their drives partitioned as that usually means reformatting the drive. Reformatting may mean adios to your data....

Sniperbaas392 said:
With all due respect Commander, using bootcamp is not a viable option for some. Generally boot camp requires the partitioning of drives in order to run windows/linux and macosx on an apple. Some people are also not able to have their drives partitioned as that usually means reformatting the drive. Reformatting may mean adios to your data....

then i suggest going to the bootcamp site and learn how to do it... there is NO other way since boot programs doesnt work!

rundown said:
then i suggest going to the bootcamp site and learn how to do it... there is NO other way since boot programs doesnt work!

You can run Parallels (possibly VMware too but I don't use it), it's not free but it's easier to run compared to Bootcamp.

Both of you could pitch some money in for a cheap netbook. That way you have a windows pc with pepkura, internet access, and be able to print your files.

I'm gonna do it as well I'm a Mac user as well. And you'd think the computer meant for the arts would be able to run pepakura.

Bootcamp is NOT an option for me. As is buying a PC.

Trust me, I HAVE tried running peprakura with darwine. It did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back