Bioshock 2 W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE

Hey guys, its been awhile... BUT! I have something I hope to sell on ebay to make some money to fund other projects...

a sander cohen splicer mask!

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

Wow, this is looking awesome, I've been playing through Bioshock recently and I have to say your splicer masks look so awesome, that they have potential to give me the creeps. I also have a poster for Bioshock 2 and your Bigdaddy helmet is fantastic, I can't wait to see your finished big daddy. Are you planning on running speakers through it to give that big bassy big daddy cry when you walk? Also can I expect to see this at dragon*con this year?

pyrometheous said:
Wow, this is looking awesome, I've been playing through Bioshock recently and I have to say your splicer masks look so awesome, that they have potential to give me the creeps. I also have a poster for Bioshock 2 and your Bigdaddy helmet is fantastic, I can't wait to see your finished big daddy. Are you planning on running speakers through it to give that big bassy big daddy cry when you walk? Also can I expect to see this at dragon*con this year?

Im glad to hear that the splicer masks creep you out... lol. Im not sure if I'll run speakers for the sounds, 1) because I dont know how much time I'll have to do finishing touches, and 2) I dont have an ipod or a zune anymore to play those sounds... only my laptop, and thats a little big...

as for dragon*con, I probbably wont be going, since I dont have much money (trying to make some selling some props and stuff) and I also have no idea where dragon*con is...

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY!!! THE 405TH IS BACK!!

Now I can get you guys an update!

While the forums were down, I was working on the visor, undersuit, and a sliced halo reach sniper rifle (but thats another topic)

The visor is made of 2 pieces of lexan, which I will sandwich yellow lighting gel inbetween. The rim is made of 3/4" plywood:
IMG_0873.jpg

The finished visor:
IMG_0877.jpg

Here you can see the lip of the rim that the visor will sit on, and the bars which are made out of curtain rods that I mutilated and resined in place:
IMG_0879.jpg

What it looks like on delta:
IMG_0887.jpg

**Because theres an image limit, I have to make this update in two posts**

**Update Continued**

The bondo lines up nicely with the wooden rim:
IMG_0889.jpg

Where the rim attaches. Note, the inside of the rim needs a bit more bondo, and I have fixed it, I just need to get a picture:
IMG_0891.jpg

And heres my start on the suit:
IMG_0995.jpg

Ill get another update when I get some more work done, and if anyone's interested, Ill post the link to the topic about my sliced reach rifle when I make the topic.

!!update!!

I fired up my blowtortch and started to make some belt buckles for my subject delta costume... my dad had to learn to trust me with a blowtortch... he worries too much

What I started with:
IMG_1038.jpg

The process:
IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

The finished product, all I need is two more small buckles for the other boot:
IMG_1068.jpg

Also, my new baby that I got for my birthday...
IMG_1070.jpg

And my neighbor gave me her father's old arc welder, but the mask she gave me just had a handle to hold it up, leaving you with only one free hand. So, I got some plastic, bolts, and rivets, and made myself some headgear to hold it up... the cushions are made of foam tape and duct tape... and its surprisingly comfortable...
IMG_1069.jpg

**Update Continued**

The bondo lines up nicely with the wooden rim:
IMG_0889.jpg

Where the rim attaches. Note, the inside of the rim needs a bit more bondo, and I have fixed it, I just need to get a picture:
IMG_0891.jpg

And heres my start on the suit:
IMG_0995.jpg

Ill get another update when I get some more work done, and if anyone's interested, Ill post the link to the topic about my sliced reach rifle when I make the topic.

im lovin the progress pics ! keep it up

Wow, the detail your putting into this is amazing and inspirational. I can't wait to see the conclusion of this masterpiece.

Hey guys, now that I'm back in school, I have 2 blocks (about 9 hours a week) in school where I can work on my props, so hopefully, even though Im busy with a job, I can get some progress done.

Its been a while, but finally I have an update!

What I've done since the last update, is, after doing a test spot with some resin and foam, cover the helmet in spray foam (great stuff I think). I then carved it with an electric knife, resined it, and now Im bondo'ing and sanding. I also created the rack that is below the tanks on delta, out of some PVC pipe.

----------------------------------

This is the helmet so far, with the bondo, resin, and foam:

DeltaUpdate10-12-10001.jpg

Side view, but some of the bondo has been smoothed since this picture:
DeltaUpdate10-12-10002.jpg

Heres the back, where you can see the supports for the rack:
DeltaUpdate10-12-10005.jpg

An inside view of the support:
DeltaUpdate10-12-10008.jpg

The support itself (note, the ends are covered with tape because I needed to protect it from bondo sticking):
DeltaUpdate10-12-10009.jpg

The rack made out of some PVC bent with a heat gun:
DeltaUpdate10-12-10010.jpg

And finally, the rack attached to the helmet:
DeltaUpdate10-12-10011.jpg

The rack puts the helmet off-balance, but Im sure with some padding, and backpack straps, I can get the helmet to sit on my shoulders and not my head.

Hopefully, Ill have some more work done soon, as long as work doesnt drive me off the deep end...

This is looking really great, I can't wait to see what it looks like with the backpack attached and the grill on the helmet. Keep it up, I love Bioshock and this project is really doing itself justice. I hope you do a short(or long) fan film after your done, because it would be epic!

This is looking really great, I can't wait to see what it looks like with the backpack attached and the grill on the helmet. Keep it up, I love Bioshock and this project is really doing itself justice. I hope you do a short(or long) fan film after your done, because it would be epic!

never thought about doing a fan-film... it would be cool, but the only sad thing is that Im out on cape cod with very few 405th members, and a lot of my friends dont have the resources or the tools to make such detailed costumes, or they just dont feel like coming over my house to do something. Hopefully, one of my friends will actually make a big sister costume, because he showed interest in the idea, but he doesn't have his own respirator or a job to pay for the materials.

speaking of jobs, I wish I wasn't working during the school year, because I could potentially edit a fan-film together and get credit for it in my multimedia class.

A fan-film would be really cool, but I would have no idea where to even start... maybe it could be organized at some point, but I would need help from lots of people to make it work...

Jason, you're helmet is looking good so far. Also the "brace" or cage, whatever you call it looks fuckin' fantastic! Are you going to smooth out the edges or leave it the way it is? Few things here and there could use some touch ups but other than that it's looking great! Let's chat sometime on Xbox or steam (maybe play some Reach too). I got a new computer and I recently installed Skype (didn't install it sooner because I'm a lazy bastard).

Jason, you're helmet is looking good so far. Also the "brace" or cage, whatever you call it looks fuckin' fantastic! Are you going to smooth out the edges or leave it the way it is? Few things here and there could use some touch ups but other than that it's looking great! Let's chat sometime on Xbox or steam (maybe play some Reach too). I got a new computer and I recently installed Skype (didn't install it sooner because I'm a lazy bastard).

thanks will, Im going to bondo the whole thing and fill all the pits and cracks in the foam up and smooth it out a lot. You gotta come down here at some point and give me a hand on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back