Bit of an introduction and WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sercius

I've been lurking around on these forums for a while, but hadn't actually posted an introduction since there was no real progress for me to show off on any of the pieces that I had started.

I work retail, and had grand ideas of getting together a full Carter or Noble 6 suit that I could wear to help promote the launch of Reach, I've come to realize that I simply don't have the time to do it to my level of satisfaction. Too much of a perfectionist for that. So, what I've decided to do instead is get together a much simpler Halo 3 Marine setup, and have gotten to resin the chest piece. I've used Vrogy's model from the Wiki.

049.jpg

With this being my first experience with using fiberglass resin, I used a bit too much, and had a bit of warping, though I'm considering it a success since it's still usable. Part of the problem I'm having is just a lack of time, due to work, though I should be able to get more pieces to this same point and then rondo them soon.

Cool, always good to have some marines around here. It looks like you pep'd it pretty well, and the resin doesnt look too shabby either. Good luck!

Thanks for the compliments, folks. I've placed an order for a CraftRobo, so I'm hopefully going to be getting more pep work done in a better time frame.

looking good.. you will love the craft robo i love mine and it makes pep so much quicker. little hint on the craft robo.

go to http://melspapercraft.weebly.com/craftrobo-basics.html and scroll down to the registration marks setting and it will straighten it out.

for some reason mine doesn't like the craftrobo default settings and had to go with these settings to get it to cut right. also when the blade goes dull, and it will with the 110 card stock.

order this blade holder http://www.specialty-graphics.com/sgs_craft_robo_replacement_blade_holder.html and the blades for it. it will cost about the same amount as the craft robo blade but the replacement blades are alot cheaper, about half, and you don't have to change out the stupid caps.

great job keep it up.

Sadly, I have bad news to report. Due to a severe lack of time, caused by an excess of work, I was not able to finish the suit for the launch of Reach. Also, as the final nail in the coffin for having anything wearable for this Tuesday, my chest armor warped during the hardening process. While slush casting the rondo I was using to harden it, it twisted pretty badly.

Definitely learned some lessons in these first attempts, and will implement that in grander things in the future. I'm disappointed in myself for trying to rush it, but that's just going to make me work that much harder in the future to get it done right. The only failure is not learning from the mistakes that we make.

thats looks good hope turns out well wish i had some halo armor ready to go but im like you lol id want it perfect or not at all xD good luck on your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back