Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Swoop said:
Rubber on the Butt wouldn't give a stable, reliable and repeatable fire position, it compresses.
As for your colours, what's important is the textures and 'sheen'

Things can be black but look different shades because they have different surface textures or level of gloss. Think about what the parts of a real weapon would be made of, a slight contrast will give the impression of anobject made up from seperate parts and components.

Just speaking from my experience as a Vehicle and Mil modeller where the only thing you hsve to make a plastic molding look like a collection of parts bolted together is to make them slightly different in their finish.

au contraire! indeed many hunters and military snipers prefer rubber at the butt of their rifle. the rubber does not compress as easily as you would think- instead, it helps to absorb some of the recoil of the weapon. this slight recoil reduction may not be noticeable in smaller weapons, but in large caliber rifles the difference is big. as for giving a stable, reliable and repeatable position- the rubber on the butt of the rifle actually improves accuracy by giving more grip to your shoulder than ordinary wood, metal or plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good! Too bad about the "incident" I'm shure it will be fine to fix! you should get the damage on tape.. I mean video.. Sorry *cough* Bad joke, eh?

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Picture taken from the Gallery...

med_gallery_2379_7_182971.jpg

do you mean the flashy thing like those sights on some BB/pellet guns? my bb gun has a front sight that glows without any power.i think its a fiber optics thingymajig.

Graverobber said:
do you mean the flashy thing like those sights on some BB/pellet guns? my bb gun has a front sight that glows without any power.i think its a fiber optics thingymajig.

I meant the Flash Suppressor... and that has just been upgraded to a H3 version, see pictures on page 30 ;)

i was reading this on my PSP yesterday, so i couldnt post back, but nice work! The muzzle brake looks nicely sculpted, and you shouldnt have a problem bringing this phoenix back, so keep on persisting!

I'm just posting these pictures for my own satisfaction I think lol. I've preped my SR for reconstructive surgery plus upgrades... I couldnt talk myself into cutting away the whole "infected" part because I just cant stand to cut my rifle into two.... Hopefully what I have planned for the reconstruction holds up and reinforces the other side of the rifle... I scooped away alot of the expanded foam so I can fill the cavity with a mix of stuff... This is still very painful for me...

Reconstruct:
P9010015.jpg

Upgrade:
P9010018.jpg

Looks like the surgery is off to a great start Doctor. Think you might have it there. You'll get it fixed and it'll be fine. Keep pluggin at it!

It looks like the surgery is off to a good start Doctor Rose. Now we will just have to cross our fingers and hope the rest of the procedure works out as well as this.

I havnt done anything with it yet lol. It's sitting in my bedroom crying in a corner right now.

There are too many mosquitos and other gigantic bugs/insects outside (I HATE bugs), theres gonna be constant threats caused by Hurricanes and Tropical Storms, its just too humid and hot..... and last time i brought my SR out in hot weather..... well... that's why it's sitting in my room. It's safe in my room where the settings replicate a Cave (dark and has a constant temperature of 62 degrees F, and filled with mostly noctournal animals).

Work has stopped for this project for awhile... I'm consentrating on my Mark VI armor right now. Oops! Ive said too much ;)

Gee thanks Keegan, just what I need.... a herd of nerds to follow me around lol.

Actually... let me take a picture of my SR, I finished cleaning up the Flash suppressor and have permanently added it to the rifle. Then went over the barrel and flash suppressor with dark grey primer... it looks pretty cool, brb.

yea its def. not a good time to be workin on that thing right now you got that hurimacane comin :p HUNKERDWN! cant wait to see the armour though ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back