Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P9070001.jpg

P9070002.jpg

SRprofile.png

this is how it looks right now.... like a big steamy pile of crap :/

EDIT: Danny, Where do you see my spongebob boxers?...

MK VI? uh-oh, looks like i better hurry up, i got competition on their way :D

good thing i just have to fiberglass, winter is very good for pepakura builders.

and spongebob boxers WTF!? oh yeah, i see 'em ;)

Damnit! Those arnt boxers! LOL, what kinda girl do you think I am?!?!?

Thats Kaeda's Transporting Sack AKA Spongebob Pillowcase.

:D

I see no steam coming from that SR!! Maybe you should shop some in at the end of the barrel!?? It's looking good Kelly. You should be proud of what you've accomplished with it already. Great job girl!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
this is how it looks right now.... like a big steamy pile of crap :/
Now, thinking negative thoughts won't get you anywhere, if you truely thnk that it looks like crap, which I believe no one here agrees with you, think of it as "Unfinished". Which is what it really is.

cannibalthemusical1.jpg

"Nothing that a little positive thinking can't solve!"

Last edited by a moderator:
BlacRoseImmortal said:
I meant the Flash Suppressor... and that has just been upgraded to a H3 version, see pictures on page 30 ;)

Not meant to split hairs, but it's called a compensator, not a flash supressor- it's a common mistake. Compensators are specially ported to reduce recoil and muzzle jump.

The common name is flash suppressor. That is the layman term. Either one works. One is more technical than the other but it doesn't really matter now does it?

Any progress Kelly?

Wow, the last time i saw your sniper riffle it was all pep. hehe. Nice job so far, the end of the barrel looks amazing. And don't call it crap, hehe :D

the compensator/flash supressor I used to just call the "head" lol. damn these terms! Anyhu, last night I worked up the courage to take my baby back outside and I just quickly layed a layer of resin topped with expanding foam in the cavity... this weekend in between college homework (ugh) and sleeping i'll close the wound with Rondo and hopefully get it back to it's smooth old self :/

If I have time I'll also try and re-shape the .....underbody? (where all the new bondo was layed before the "accident") But I wouldnt get my hopes up... i have a helluva lotta homework : (

That is some sweet work...
I wish I had time to keep working on my armor and stuff....
Heck I wish I even had time to visit the forums more often and play my RP...

As folks are fond of telling FS, sleep is for the weak. :D Do your homework, work on the SR and get some rest. I know you're running yourself ragged. Stop. Breathe. Relax. It'll be ok. We believe in your ability to fix this minor setback. Anything I can do, let me know.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
the compensator/flash supressor I used to just call the "head" lol. damn these terms! Anyhu, last night I worked up the courage to take my baby back outside and I just quickly layed a layer of resin topped with expanding foam in the cavity... this weekend in between college homework (ugh) and sleeping i'll close the wound with Rondo and hopefully get it back to it's smooth old self :/

If I have time I'll also try and re-shape the .....underbody? (where all the new bondo was layed before the "accident") But I wouldnt get my hopes up... i have a helluva lotta homework : (

...nevermind- i was going to, but why? Oh well, I was never popular anyways. By the way, if anyone has questions on anything military related, I believe I may be of assistance. I'm always happy to help.

leegrisham said:
That is some sweet work...
I wish I had time to keep working on my armor and stuff....
Heck I wish I even had time to visit the forums more often and play my RP...
Don't worry, it hasn't exactly gone anywhere, if you get my drift. Flipping canon-desecraters.

@kelly, it looks great, just a bit a Rondo here, a bit more here, a bit of paint, and you'll be off harasing n00bs in no time!

dont worry! i think your snipe just needs to be finished. i had a similar problem with the pistol i made. but now it it looks ok..i think :lol:

As I trolled the forums during class I stopped in this thread feeling sure to see some awesome sniper pics but much to my suprise there was nothing new in here. :(
Guess I'm not the only one who has been preoccupied the last two months huh?

No kiddin Lee. I have filled the cavity but I havnt done any smothing or shaping.... and the front of the body is still in its crude state too from an upgrade I started and never finished... Ive been pretty busy lately and have stopped work on my SR for awhile to work on my armor but production will continue...... eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back