Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlacRoseImmortal @ Jun 3 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>A rotary tool? uh, is that like an attatchment piece for a dremel? I <3 my dremel :D</div>

It is a dremel hehe, I hate mine though, my drill bits broke when I attached it to a high power drill, lol, bad ideqa in the first place, but yeah, I think it can cut throuh the resin, I don't know how it'll look after you align it though

Alright

And just a reminder, in mine, the cutting drill bit got too hot then snaped, pieces went flying lol :D

What are you planning to do for the screen thingy on the scope?

Dude about the camo finnish... Try ACU or something digital... Should look murderous on a SR... Not kidding!

TK.

centerside said:
What are you planning to do for the screen thingy on the scope?

I have asked for help reguarding that but got no response, what I was thinking was installing a REAL scope, just a cheap one... maybe like an airsoft rifle one. and then putting a thin layer of plexiglass or something over the ends to make it magnify the real scope to fit the entire SR scope housing.

Did that make any sense to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
BlacRoseImmortal said:
I have asked for help reguarding that but got no response, what I was thinking was installing a REAL scope, just a cheap one... maybe like an airsoft rifle one. and then putting a thin layer of plexiglass or something over the ends to make it magnify the real scope to fit the entire SR scope housing.

Did that make any sense to you?

mmmmmm..... a bit...?? maybe hehe.....

so, you'll get a scope, put it inside the pep scope, then seal both ends with plexiglass... seems like a good idea, you already have a scope in hand?

I found one that i think i'll buy.... what im asking really is, will plexiglass (or any sort of see through material) magnify the 1" diameter scope to fill the entire 3 3/4" scope housing?...

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I found one that i think i'll buy.... what im asking really is, will plexiglass (or any sort of see through material) magnify the 1" diameter scope to fill the entire 3 3/4" scope housing?...
, Im not sure, it can maybe if you can get it to baend into a concave/convex shape, any material that's see through i think will do. OR just try to find a right size magnifying glass in a book store or school supplies store, just make sure theres space between them for it to effectivly magnify.

NIEC WURK THAR! :D

I say go with standard. I'm not much for camo weapons. When I played COD the only thing I had camo was my shotty.

I suppose you could get an airsoft scope and build a housing for it. It'd be functional and accurate.

*Quick Update*

I managed to saw through the resined on scope and fix it so now absolutely everything Is centered! yay, so this weekend I just need to finish the inside body work and then I'll get ready to Bondo....

I need to read up on that stage.... Should I use fiberglass jelly instead? Ive heard its much better than bodyfiller..

Lookin awesome BRI. I can't wait to see what this is going to look like when you are finished!! Keep it up!!!

-TL13

have you ever seen those thin plastic magnifying sheets? you could take one of those and cut it to size and somehow turn it green and use it as the backing...it would give a magnification effect to the casual eye but couldnt be used to see far. probably would be cheaper too than buying a scope and trying to rig something up. only other option i can think of is cannabalize a digital camera and put a green filter over either the lcd or the lens. but you could use the zoom and other funcions... you could put pics up of people you "sniped"

Ok, I'm getting frustrated, but not at ou guys! I cant seem to explain myself well, I blame my limited vocabulary (as a child I was being tried to be taught like 6 languages and failed at every single one of them except english and now my english vocabulary sucks.... )... I tried to make a quick sketch in paint to maybe show what im talking about:

untitled-1.jpg

The .5 inches of extra space is all I have to work with in regards to adding magnifyers or soemthign to get the 1" diameter circular REAL scope lens to fit the available space, but still be able to use it (i.e. see 4X or whatever without blurred vision)

......ahh! this is making me go bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you dogwizard, fresnal lenses is what i was thinking of. i now need to keep that name in my memory for future use.

Hey, Im new here, I found the site when looking for refrence shots for my battlerifle yesterday... I read through your whole topic, and looking at where your are now, you've really come a long way! The sniper is looking great. (Too bad I dont remember Halo 2 that well anymore)

Aww thanks guys! DogWizard and Tenacious, I think i'm gonna try out what you suggested with those lenses.... it looks like i'll be able to cut and modify them which is a good thing for me. I just hope that if it does work, it wont screw up the actual "seeing through the scope" part lol. If that doesnt work I think I came up with an alternative Idea...:

I realized that the ends of the scope houseing arnt that big in the first place so the scope should fit in fairly well, as for the extra space I was thinking maybe I can Just use black cardstock to make a slight cone piece for the front end and then make a wide cone piece for the back end with seethrough green plastic (or maybe just black cardstock). but I'll be trying the "Freshsnail Lenses" or whatever they were called (heh).

Sorry for the double post..

Okie Dokie, so I'm FINALLY done with Stage 2, all the guts are in place the barrel is set and everythign seems to be somewhat right. All the Little mistakes are to be fixed in this next stage (Bondoing) and I'll be starting that this weekend.

I'm not goin to post pics because everything looks the same as the other pics I only finished the insides so no need for the same pics.

Also, I looked at the Halo 3 SR and compared the differences.... I will be trying to update these pieces but I want to do them with clay because I have better skills in that then I do with paper.... what I need answered is this:

What kind of clay can I use to make sturdy additions that CAN be resined and bondoed?

Very, Ive had to replace every part at least twice practically... I nearly lost my mind this weekend when I finally sat down with it and examined it extensivley and realized that the expanding foam raped my rifle..... But I think it is savable with awhole lotta bondo :D

Yes, it is a hard build and there have been alot of times I wanted to just walk away..... Its taken me along time ot get this far and its been frustrating and somehow I managed to drain my bank account of at least $400 because of this rifle and all my little mistakes. But even though its been hell, When I go home after work and the first thing I see when I walk into my apartment is my sniper rifle I cant help but smile. After so much blood, sweat, adn tears went into this thing how can you not go on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back