Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaeda is indeed awesome. She makes me miss my boa which I named... Killer. LOL

Personally, I like the idea of using a real scope and if it was me I would use a tasco reddot scope. That would simply be bada$$.

Great progress can't wait to see your next set of pictures.

aww thanks Evil Female! Nice to hear some input from another female 405ther!

EDIT: UPDATE> I just bought the scope i'll be using to incorporate into my rifle. It is the one that I posted before:

783-a.jpg

4X Scope
10.5 inches long
.75 inches in diameter
Uber lightweight
Less than $10
=
chea :cool:

cool deal. cant wait to see how it turns out BRI. you've got some amazing skills. i wish i was nearly as far as that on any project of mine, but stupid life keeps getting in my way.

I am currenlty awaiting more awesomeness..
I want to know if you decided to use Fiberglass jelly or rondo in stead of bondo.

Crap, I just hit another bump on the road and I need some opinions here...

For the pieces from the H3 sniper rifle that I want to construct onto my H2 SR I need to know what would be the best way to do this?.... the addition to the flash thingy and the bar piece of the belly are my main concerns.

Do I try and make it out of cardstock? Is there a sort of molding clay I can use? playdoh? any suggestions would be very helpfull.....

*sigh*

Cardboard will probably be your best bet. Resin it, bondo it, and it's good as everything else on there.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Kellys Favorite Up-To-Date Picture of the Week:
DSC01386.jpg

*More on page 12*
well at least pink is in second place, but black and grey would look better

Last edited by a moderator:
so basically you need a hand guard/handle, a trigger guard, a muzzle brake, and to change your stock a bit.

no worries, just make it out of thick foamboard.

considering its cardstock over a foam core, i think you are safe....for the most part, i really dont know what its made of. All i know is that a sheet can be used layered and gets thick easily.

i would be safe, buy it, cut a corner off, and apply a bit of bondo/mud to it. I think resin will eat it, even if it isnt styrofoam.

look, for display in glass cases you should have
everything, but this is costuming. Haven't you had
friends come by and say, "OooOoOooo sniper from halo!"
???????
Don't worry about the extra things that may complicate your
handeling of the weapon through your costume. If you are worried,
then find an alternative.

But as far as color! Camo PINK! interesting how I think of
things, but I'd like to see a female spartan with:
maybe a winter camo theme and
a pink camo sniper with
a snake around her neck and
a black/purple thorn rose for an emblem

Damn that would be frickin' awesome!

maybe a winter camo theme and
a pink camo sniper with
a snake around her neck and
a black/purple thorn rose for an emblem

Oh yeah, I'm totally taking Kaeda (my snke) with me while Im in costume :]

And it would be mostly for display but if I go to a Con I want it to hold up to all the use and abuse it would probably go through...

rvb4life: Ill have to check into that foambaord stuff.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i was goin to do the same thing with my H2 sniper rifle *the scope* im goin with flatt black or snow camo with something like that id go sand :p lookin good though

wut size pvc you using for the barrel and expansion chamber?

for the PVC the barrel is 3/4 inch and the other PVC piece (dunno what its called) is 1/2, both are the exact size of the pep model.

Update: I started Bondoing.... and holy hell... i didnt realize how much this stuff sucks to work with lol. I see ALOT of sanding in the near future....

Plus I'm gonna drive myself crazy with the details... I printed out a high detailed shot made by... um I think his name is WShunter or somethign like that (SORRY!) and its the perfect reference pic. So I expect to be done with this rifle.......sometime this year :cautious: lol

I'm a gun whore so here is what your meant to say. Your belly bar is a carrying handle, the trigger thingy is the trigger guard, your flash thingy is the flash hider and the front sight, and I don't know what you mean with the addition. So there you go. I love guns just as much as rednecks(not to be offensive). Also keep up the good work. As well, the scope you bought would be too long to put in the scope on the rifle know. I would go with a smaller or evan a acog scope.
http://www.rsov.com/product/105_129_172/15...6x28-tasco.html
http://www.rsov.com/product/105_129_172/12...-ACOG-3x24.html
if you live in America the shipping will be a little pricey, but the coast will still be lower than any other American dealer.

Wow BlackRose! That Sniper is awesome! I saw the Pepakura file but it looked very difficult.
But for you it's turning out great! Can't wait for your latest touches on the Sniper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back