Just curious, are other options for finishing the foam stuff other than vinyl? I’ve heard of some people using plastidip? Does that usually work well?
If you take the gasket components from the model and drag the rest of the chest off the page you'll only get the gaskets! When I'm home from work at the end of the day I can get a file for you.
Looks great so far can't wait to see it doneHey there everyone! I think it’s time that I finally post my own progress over here. I’m currently working on my own custom Spartan-III armor from Reach. I’ll attach a picture that I’m using for reference for my final product. I’ve made some significant progress so far, and have completed printing the following:
- Mark V helmet w/ CNM module
- Complete left arm w/ Mark V shoulder and UGPS forearm
- Right arm w/ FJ Para shoulder (might swap to Mark V, would love to make the shoulders modular if I could figure out a way to do that)
- Chest armor, no attachments yet
I’ve also printed a M6G model from Thingiverse, and a combat knife that came from my armor files. All of my files I purchased from NerdForgeDesign, and I couldn’t be happier with how they’ve come out so far! I’ll be updating this thread occasionally with any progress I’ve made! Also any questions or feedback that any of you have would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time building a full-on suit of armor like this. View attachment 313268
Any chance you’d be willing to send me an abwrap file as well? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.If you take the gasket components from the model and drag the rest of the chest off the page you'll only get the gaskets! When I'm home from work at the end of the day I can get a file for you.
One abwrap and shoulder gasket for you! The shoulder gasket will still be the full chest file but the only parts on the actual 2d scape are for the shoulder component.Any chance you’d be willing to send me an abwrap file as well? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.
This came together really well, I agree that for those chest pieces that wrap around the body being Eva foam would be a great idea and way more comfortable!Hello again! Been awhile yet again haha. I was looking back at some photos, and I noticed that my chest armor looked a little large. So took a few new ones to try to get some better angles (emphasis on tried), and I’d like to hear some opinions. Is my chest armor large and in need of a reprint, or am I just going crazy?
Edit: I feel like the thighs are a little small as well. Again though, I might just be way too OCD lol
Your suit is looking great! I am probably too late to be really helpful on this, but another way of finishing foam aside from plastidip is Valspar Duramax. It's an exterior house paint. It's more useful in foam smithing when your sealing large amounts of foam, but the plus side is you can get it in pretty much any color you want. When I tested it on foam it seemed to hold to the foam and not wrinkle as much as plastidip did after flexing.
Looks great!Instagram saw it first, but deadlines were met and the suit is “complete!” I’ve got some more details that I plan to add in the future like more weathering, electronics, etc. as well as figure out how to keep some parts from falling off, but for now I’ve gotta put it on hold until I catch up on some homework! Comic con was an absolute blast, and I can’t wait for another one!