Props Blueprints Halo 3 Spartan Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, time for an update.

Don't have any new pics to post, but I'm pleased to say I'm very nearly done the dorsal and ventral views for the SPARTAN Laser. The dorsal one was far easier to do than the ventral one, as I found it somewhat difficult figuring out the different layering of the bottom half of the Laser assembly, where the trigger/grip and shoulder brace are.

It's taken me three drafts so far to figure that one out, lol.

But, I finally managed to get it done. Now I just have to do up the final drafts for both of those, and then scan them in to e-mail to the member who made the request. I hope to have some new pics to post shortly.

So, I finished the final drafts for both the dorsal and ventral views yesterday:

Splaser Schematics -- Rough Drafts # 01 & 03

Splaser Schematics -- Drafts # 02 & 04

The top pic shows the first rough draft (only had to do one, thank gawd) for the dorsal view, and the third rough draft for the ventral view. As I'd mentioned in the previous post, that was the one that proved rather difficult in trying to figure out the layout of the different layers that make up the bottom portion of the SPARTAN Laser.

Here's a reference pic of the area in question to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about: SPARTAN Laser -- Bottom View

It certainly took some doing, but at last I figured it all out. Might seem a little bit confusing, what with all the lines, but once built it makes sense how the lines (different layers, some indicating edges/creases) go underneath.

Something to note: I only drew in the "greeblies" (a.k.a. surface details) on the one side of the dorsal view as I figure that'll be enough to build those components from. It not, I can always finish drawing it in on that and the ventral view.

These will now be scanned in to my computer and made ready to e-mail to the member who made the request. He asked I hold off on doing that for that time being as he has a few other projects he'd like to get caught up on, but now they'll be ready to go to him when he's ready.

Now that this project is done, it's on to the next... :)

Thanks for the compliment, dude. Much appreciated. I pride myself on drawing my schematics to exacting standards (only the best will do), so it's nice to hear from others that I've met those expectations ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back