Props Blueprints Halo: Reach Battle Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN II

Sr Member
Seeing folks the likes of Spase already drawing up schematics for this, and Xtreme Tactics already working on a scratch-build kinda makes me want to take a stab at drawing up my own rendition of the HALO: Reach BR.

And so, I have, lol. Started on it, anyway. Up to draft # 04 of the side profile, and though few decent ref pics are available at the moment, I'm pleased with how well it's coming along.

Here's a pic showing my current progress: Reach BR -- Drafts 03 & 04

All that I've done thus far was accomplished over the course of the last two days... with a lot of squinting, lol.

Despite how little actual usable reference material there is given the dark lighting used in the VGA premiere trailer (even "enhanced" pics can only show so much because of shadows, shading and what not), I hope to get mine as accurate as possible :cool

Woah! Looks awesome! Hopfully I'll have this bad boy on the road by the new year.

I will try to post my WIP thread by new years day. I already have a good amount of work done (rough detailing finished-was waiting on these blueprints to continue) so that will be very possible.

Thanks to you SPARTAN II and Spase, this project is going to be ghe best yet.

Cheers!

that is awesome! that is tuely amazing, i wish i could do that sort of thing, haha i'm only goood at building then drawing that sort of thing!

I'm going to try and get my WIP thread up tomorrow.

I started on the rifle a week ago (In wood and MDF). Basic shape is done, I started on details today.

Thanks again for your help Spartan II These will help greatly with the carving and sculpting of the details.

Your blueprints are closer to the shape of my reach rifle then those of spase(though I still think his are great!). These will be a great help to me in finishing the project.

Keep up the good work!

With many thanks,

-Devious

Shade said:
WOW!!! ME LIKIE!!! ALOT!!!

Thanks for the kind words, dude. Much appreciated.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Woah! Looks awesome! Hopfully I'll have this bad boy on the road by the new year.

I will try to post my WIP thread by new years day. I already have a good amount of work done (rough detailing finished-was waiting on these blueprints to continue) so that will be very possible.

Thanks to you SPARTAN II and Spase, this project is going to be ghe best yet.

Cheers!

No problem, buddy! Anything for a fellow Canadian 405th-er ;) Given my progress so far on this, if this pace continues I'm fairly certain I'll have the side profile done up for you in just a couple more days time. Just need to iron out a few final details, is all.

I believe Spase managed to add in some of the finer details on his rendition, such as above the cartridge, that I wasn't quite able to make out. So, I may incorporate those into mine (I'll be sure to ask him first before "borrowing" anything from his handiwork).

Definately looking forward to seeing your current progress on this, my friend.

EvilDorito said:
that is awesome! that is tuely amazing, i wish i could do that sort of thing, haha i'm only goood at building then drawing that sort of thing!

Thanks, dude. I've just always been really good at drawing, so since getting into the prop hobby eight years ago I figured I might as well use those skills to help further mine and others' projects along.

Lord Devious said:
I'm going to try and get my WIP thread up tomorrow.

I started on the rifle a week ago (In wood and MDF). Basic shape is done, I started on details today.

Thanks again for your help Spartan II These will help greatly with the carving and sculpting of the details.

Your blueprints are closer to the shape of my reach rifle then those of spase(though I still think his are great!). These will be a great help to me in finishing the project.

Keep up the good work!

With many thanks,

-Devious

Glad I'll be of help to you in your own build, buddy. And thanks. I pride myself on getting any of the schematics I draw up done to exacting standards, as accurate to the in-game model as possible, so it's good to hear I'm close.

What with yours being made of wood and MDF board, it should prove to be very sturdy indeed once finished. I look forward to seeing your WiP, too :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Dude... I love it! :eek

Thank ya much, buddy :D

LeeKegan said:
Looks great my freind, but I wouldn't expect less out of you.

Coming from you, that's quite the compliment, my good friend :)

LT-GRAVE said:
that looks SEXY!

Bit of an update. As I've been out and about all weekend (New Year's Eve, movie-going with some friends, spending time with my grandmother) I wasn't able to get much more done than what was previously posted.

However, I did manage to draw out the forward receiver of the BR on Draft # 04. Haven't added in the surface details yet.

At Xtreme Tactics' request, I will also be drafting the dorsal (top) view to better show the vents from above. I will be leaving the rail attachment/scope mount off for the time being, but once I've sent this to him I'll add that in for others to use.

I'll try to have new pics of my progress to show soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, pic time!

Reach BR -- Draft # 04

Aside from the rail attachment/scope mount, this draft is essentially finished. Well, as "finished" as it can be, given what little decent reference material is still available for this particular weapon, lol.

As previously mentioned, I'll be leaving the scope off for Xtreme Tactics' benefit when I send it to him, and will then add it in later for others.

I figure I'll further revise it to better match the in-game model once more ref pics are circulating. It'll be interesting to see how close I got it.

Now onto the dorsal (top) view, which I have already figured out the width of, so it should be far simpler (and therefore quicker) to draw up.

EDIT: I decided to do up a quick cross-section of the forward half of the BR (while I was doing Draft # 03) to determine any indented surfaces, to aid anyone building this prop. Here is a pic showing what I mean, and what I deduced from what ref pics I could find: Reach BR -- Cross-section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back