Bluerealm - Done With My Armor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok to give you a little look into the construction of the master chief under armor I posted up a few pics. I used some upholstery vinyl from Jo-Ann’s fabric store. I also used some of the craft foam from hobby lobby to make all the padded pieces for the abdomen area and knees. The little rubber piece on the front of the piece is molded dragon skin dyed black with silc pig. The back piece of rubber is actually a Betty Boop car floor mat from Wal-Mart. I love me some Wally World.. always find good stuff to use in there. For the shoulders I used the piping you get at the fabric store to create that ridge effect. As far as the ribbing effect that’s just a ton of time put in on the sewing machine sewing down layers to form ribs. The soft part of the boot is done just like the shoulder with the piping I found at the fabric store. I just cut out my pattern and sewed the piping down in place to give it that ridged effect. Other than that its a bunch of nylon straps and buckles and its made in sections to keep from making it too hot. I also use a few pieces on the chest armor to fill in some open areas just held on with Velcro. Don’t have pics of those, but you can just use the shots of the armor to see what I'm talking about.

Anyways hope this helps you do–it-your-selfer’s

img_3741.jpg

img_3745.jpg

img_3746.jpg

img_3754.jpg

img_3755.jpg

img_3756.jpg

img_3757.jpg

img_3758.jpg

img_3759.jpg

img_3760.jpg

img_3761.jpg

img_3763.jpg

img_3778.jpg

img_3781.jpg

mightymints said:
Incredible, Ive always wanted these pictures!

I second that motion. But, I've looked up the Hobby Lobby before, it's only in texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Underdogg13 said:
I second that motion. But, I've looked up the Hobby Lobby before, it's only in texas.

Well any hobby store or fabric store will have that craft foam. If you search the web for superfoam craft foam it will show up for ya.

These pics being posted for all of us is kinda like when Dorothy looked behind the curtian in "The Wizard of OZ" !!!

Killer job on sewing that stuff up.

AWESOME pics kind sir.

Thanks a ton for sharing these.

Underdogg13 said:

That's strange, there's one in Wisconsin here.

I recently found my love for that store. If you need something, anything. You can probaby find it there.

Great pics by the way! I've been planning this out for a while, and these will help a lot!

Thanks, guys.... Yall want to see anything else up close? I'm happy to share... its been awhile since I made this thing and its always fun to revisit.

mightymints said:
Any pics are great to be honest! By the way, do you sell blue realm shirts? If so, any chance you could PM me the details?

You know what were working on getting a online store up selling merchandise and prop building supplies. I do have some shirts, but all I have in stock right now are large in blue, black, or white. I may have a medium laying around too. I'll hook ya up for $15.00 plus shipping. I think I may even have some hats in s/m they are $25.00.

Just let me know. Shoot me an email on the bluerealm website or shoot me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back