Bondo and spot putty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eDrew

This is my third attempt at a pepakura project. First was a knife (Emile's), second was a too small imperial guard helmet, and now a H3 Pilot helmet. I am at the fiberglassing stage and was wondering what to do next. I realize your supposed to bondo and spot putty, but I would rather skip these steps. Any suggestions or other methods? Maybe even a homeade formula for these materials? Please help and comment.

I don't know if this will work, but I have thought of a method of shapeing the helmet by filling it with foam after the outside fiberglassing stage. I haven't tryed it yet but here is some things I know about the foam im useing:

-It is named "fugue foam".

-It almost triples it size when it is cureing (fill 33%), so it might tear your helmet apart:( I might recommend you test it with a siple size tester helmet before you decide to try it out on your h3 pilot helmet:p I don't want to be the reason your helmet got destroyed:p

Since I haven't tryed it yet, I dont know how hard it is. If you saw how they created the Halo Reach Noble Team Statues, they used hard foam that was cut out by a cnc machine. But for you, the pep will act like a mold for the helmet so you don't have to use a cnc machine:p You just sand the trought the paper and start to add all the detail:)

So here is one of my methods im planing to use for my future prodjects:) I haven't tryed it yet, so it might fail:p But At least I think it is a little better than useing hours to sand super hard bondo...

Btw. If you live in the us, I might recommend you to go to your local hobby store and by some smooth-on foam. It is meant to be sculpted:) I saw Benstreeper do it^_^

Alright! I'll try the smooth-on foam! Thanks for the information and I'll probably try out the fugue foam when I make a tester :p. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back