Bondo problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, So i was bondoing my AR but a simple problem arose. I cannot put the bondo smoothly on to the surface of mmy AR and i get these huge blobs of bondo which are a pain to sand down (will take hours).

So here are the images please advice me on how i could make the surface perfect!

WebCam_20071125_13312.jpg

WebCam_20071125_1330.jpg

WebCam_20071125_1331.jpg

And my dog... (ODST -Orbital "DOG" shock trooper)

WebCam_20071124_11165.jpg

"Listen!"

Thank you!

Finnish.

Yaaa I get this problem to sometimes using bondo. Try using less hardner, will help a little. But to fix your current problem the only thing I can think of is to get some of that evercoat metal glaze that Spase used on his helm and try using that to fill in some of that mess. But no matter what it looks like you got some sanding time ahead of you.

Spartan 161 said:
Yaaa I get this problem to sometimes using bondo. Try using less hardner, will help a little. But to fix your current problem the only thing I can think of is to get some of that evercoat metal glaze that Spase used on his helm and try using that to fill in some of that mess. But no matter what it looks like you got some sanding time ahead of you.

Overcoat metal glaze? Could you expand a little?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, use the stuff 161 pointed out. After sanding the Bondo down. If you use it before you sand the Bondo down, you'll get a fat AR. For the sanding (which you really should do,) look at a hardware store and see if you can find a nice cheap belt or orbital sander (orbital is better), that should help a lot with sanding down.

same thing happened to me...its a pain in the ass...the only way to resolve it is to sand it down, fairly well, and use a spatula or something of the like, and do the bondoing again

Just curious...why did you Bondo your AR? It was pep, but it has little to no curved surfaces requiring Bondo work. Are you using it to make it hard?

You could just chisel it down with a wood-carving tool kit. That's what I'm doing with my helmet and so far it's looking pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back