Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Half finished on my ODST Helmet, I'm wondering how Bondo "Body Filler' works. I do know that it's a
liquid-hardener.

1. Bondo should be treated like Fiberglass and Resin, right?
2. Should a nurse's mask (the one covering the nose and mouth) be a good resistance to the Bondo's toxins?
3. Gloves are needed?

..I'm guessing no on #2 and yes on 3. :rolleyes

Darkshadownite said:
Half finished on my ODST Helmet, I'm wondering how Bondo "Body Filler' works. I do know that it's a
liquid-hardener.
1. Bondo should be treated like Fiberglass and Resin, right?
2. Should a nurse's mask (the one covering the nose and mouth) be a good resistance to the Bondo's toxins?
3. Gloves are needed?
..I'm guessing no on #2 and yes on 3. :rolleyes
1. Treated as in what way?
2. Kinda, but not enough. Either make it a respirator, or do what I do.....go outside and then aim a fan at your work area to keep circulation going (while wearing your regular mask).
3. Nah. Well, maybe, but I never use em, and never have problems. Now, don't go grabbing the putty or anything, but it's nice to be able to feel the bondo as its hardening. You can even shape it a bit while it dries if you time yourself right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I would agree to bondo outside with a fan (Or if there's a breeze), Although with the weather getting colder, that's not really an option (depending on where you live)

After you bondo, you will sand it, HEAVY SAND IT, it will look ugly and clumpy until you sand, thats where your beatiful creation becomes almost done. Then you gotta learn to paint it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back