Boot armor build questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creativity4ever

Hello 405th! I want to plan ahead for some future builds so I've got some questions on boot armor. So I've seen other members make boot parts completely out of foam without a shoe or boot underneath. If I choose to make foot armor out of foam and place it on a shoe base, do I glue it directly on top of the shoe? Or do I make a foam base thats detachable and attachable then place it on the shoe base?

Just wondering on how to make boot armor for my future builds

It's entirely up to what you want to do. i normally sacrifice a pair of sneakers and glue them in with a base. but a lot of people just use velcro and elastic to hold the boot parts onto the shoes. the elastic just attaches to the boot parts and go under the shoes to hold the boot tight to the shoe, and then completely removeable.

I’ve had hot-glued shoe pieces fly off their straps after getting bumped at a con. My recent build has foam glued directly to an old pair of Chelsea boots. It’s a hard question to answer as it depends on the shoe, if you don’t want to damage it, if there’s space by the heel for a strap to go under the shoe, the style of the attachments etc.

I’ve had hot-glued shoe pieces fly off their straps after getting bumped at a con. My recent build has foam glued directly to an old pair of Chelsea boots. It’s a hard question to answer as it depends on the shoe, if you don’t want to damage it, if there’s space by the heel for a strap to go under the shoe, the style of the attachments etc.
Alright thanks for the advice! I will try gluing directly onto old shoes if I find any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back