Borderlands Mask help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synapse

Well I've looked all over for a Borderlands bandit mask file and I've many threads on it but I can't find any pep files for it. Can anyone help out?

Which kind of bandit? There are dozens of kinds.. I know there is one for the bandit psycho mask, but I haven't seen any others

Well there's 2 the bandit psycho is the one I'm having trouble finding. The other is the bandit thug mask. I've found that file though.

Yeah, Ive got one.... Im surprised oyu couldnt find it.. it was released by a gearbox employee even.
http://kotaku.com/5632845/make-your-own-papercraft-borderlands-psycho-bandit-mask
Also, Having seen the pep build of the mask, and some sculpted ones, I prefer the sculpted ones, and thats how I did mine
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/38375-My-borderlands-psycho-speed-build-(lots-of-pics)
I have no sculpting experience, and the whole helmet took about $20 and 10 hours. I would expect you to spend the same amount on a pepakura one.
MINE
7CC6E580-288D-4530-B5C1-19E20F5A6649-2875-0000010E45196348.jpg

The pep one
xlarge_b147df675209cf38b98629230abc2a8b.jpg

Here you go:)

Psychomask2.png

Here is the link

The model shown by Ohaple is a simplified model. The small details have been removed, but personaly I like how the original model from the game has all the details. I ripped the model and applied the texture.
Hope you enjoy:)

Btw, the unfold by Botman on the gearbox forums is quite horible and would need some cleanup if you choose to use that one.

Nice work jico. :)

How well do you see through your mask with the LEDs? I was thinking of doing that to my Marauder mask;)

Thanks guys this helps a lot been looking all over for a pep file :)
No problem. I thought I'd post my masks to provide you with some references:)

IMG_1344.jpg

The one in the middle is the first mask I built. That's the one that Botman made. The one to the right is my first build of my file. It didn't turn out the way I hoped with distortion in a few places. I improved my unfold and made another one (the one to the left) Here there is no distortion at all.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

I made the Marauder Mask too:)

IMG_1348.jpg

Hope this helped you and let me know if you need any help:)

Those are some nice masks. The lights on mine only block out a bit (it's like holding your finger an inch in front of your eye.) you lose the center of your vision, but besides that it is like looking out of sunglasses. If done correctly there is no light bleed into the mask, messing up your vision or giving the illusion away. The thread I posted above explains how I did it with pics. The reflectors are the most important part, the way I wired everything up is actually less than ideal.

Those are some nice masks. The lights on mine only block out a bit (it's like holding your finger an inch in front of your eye.) you lose the center of your vision, but besides that it is like looking out of sunglasses. If done correctly there is no light bleed into the mask, messing up your vision or giving the illusion away. The thread I posted above explains how I did it with pics. The reflectors are the most important part, the way I wired everything up is actually less than ideal.

Where did you get those book lights? What brand are they?

Dollar store. Not really any brand.. Lol
They worked well since they come with wiring, the reflector, the led, the switch, and the batteries, and are the right shape and size, the problems are that they eat batteries ( I bought 4 more book lights just to loot batteries from, 12 watch batteries for a dollar isn't bad) though it could be the poor quality batteries that makes it seem that way, only had one light run out so far. Also, I wish they were easier to turn on and off. I remember reading about someone using a soft switch from radio shack for lights on a helmet, that way they could use their tongue to turn them on and off. Wish mine was like that. I might change it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back