Borderlands Psycho Bandit Mask and Buzzaxe Finished - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainhask

Hi, my name is Steve I'm new to the 405th and I know that this isn't a Halo Build but it does show my love for another game, Borderlands. I have always like the look of the Psycho Bandits so I thought I would take a crack at them. I have a thread posted at therpf but I figured not everyone gets over there so I would share the love. Anyway onto the build.

I going to break this up into a couple of different parts. I first started making my version of a psycho mask. This was to be a more real world version and I changed it to the video game version later on.

I first started making the resperator out of found item in plumbing and hobby kits that were laying around.
IMG_0409.jpg

The next couple of steps show how I sculpted the mask out of clay and added the details like the stitching and eye sockets.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

From here I made the silicone mold and mother mold to slush cast the masks in resin.
IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

and here is the first untrimmed resin cast
IMG_0436.jpg

Here it is after a few hours of paint and detail work. The painting was all done in acrylic and is hand weathered to give it that wasteland feel
IMG_0439.jpg

From here I made the Game Version by taking my origional clay sculpt and smoothing it out, adding different straps for the face details, and moving the resperator to the inside of the faceplate.
borderlandsversion4.jpg

borderlandsversion3.jpg

At this point I also was working on a new bracket system for the led lights. I wanted to make them more like the game so that they would almost hover in the socket. The lights are held in place by metal bracers and are at a position where the users line of sight is slightly below the leds so you can see out just fine.
banditmask1_zps77ff446d.jpg

banditmask_zpsbefe333d.jpg

Ok onto the 1:1 scaled Buzz Axe
I started by cutting various pieces of MDF out with a scroll saw to get the general shape of the axe and layering them to give it depth.
buzz1.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Using a dremel, variuos router bits and any other tool laying around I started to refine the sharp edges and add in the detail pieces.
IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

Once the shape was close to what I wanted I used some filler primer to seal the MDF so I could sand it out
IMG_0691.jpg

I had never used apoxie sculpt before but it worked great to add deatils like rivets and metal fatigue.

IMG_0694.jpg

buzz3_zps15fee9c7.jpg

IMG_0700_zps328e6ace.jpg

IMG_0702_zps4d155a39.jpg

My custom mold boxes made from foam core sheets

IMG_0713_zps9349b0cd.jpg

IMG_0719_zps9cedb123.jpg

My buddy John as the Psycho with my mask and axe

bor_zps9f070d78.jpg

IMG_0794_zpsb5ed320c.jpg

And Rachael as the female Psycho. Hope to get some photo shoots in a month or two when it warms up!

femalepsycho_zpse25df13e.jpg

I am selling the masks fully painted and weathered with LEDs and a small run of the axes if intrested feel free to contact me!

That mask is even better than a Jack's Diamond Horse!! +1 sub

Ha love the namedrop!

wow, these look really great! very nice work.

Love all the detail you put into your projects. A true work of art.:D

th_ThornsThumbsUp-1.jpg

Shock and awe!
I'd pee myself if I turned down an alley and saw your friend standing there staring at me.

Thank you for the great comments they mean a lot and fuel me for future projects!

this stuff is just insane!
but i got a question about your molds, do you use Latex for molding or any other substance? i want to try some molding for myself with a deadeye helmet from halo 4.
i got some latex paste to use, but i wanted to know if this would work as well, and if it will come clean off. and do you just pour it into your boxxes?

i hope you can help.

thanks,

Jochem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back