Borderlands psycho mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

minijayne211

So I finnally got around to making my first pep model (this being my 3rd attemp at it because I never had the patience to complete it.) Here is what I've been working on for the past few days.
photo.jpg

photo222.jpg

33.jpg

Im sadly going to have to wait until Spring to finish it because the weather around here is now like 40 degrees every day, so let me know what you guys think so far.

We're not going to be able to see your pictures that way. It looks like you have linked from your e-mail account. Try saving those photos to your computer if they aren't already and then uploading them to an image hosting site such as http://www.photobucket.com

This is very cool. Borderlands has a special place in my heart, and I can't really explain why. I think it's cool you're working on this!

By the way, don't let the 40 deg weather keep you down. I am in the same situation right now, but I am still able to resin and fiberglass. I keep my resin inside so that when I am ready to use it, it is already at roughly room temperature. I simply go outside and resin when I want to, then I bring the resined piece back inside and let it harden on my bathroom floor (of course with the fan on). Then I bring the can of resin inside to ensure that it stays at room temperature.

Other than that, good luck! It's really looking good, high quality pepping too. I'd love to see this one get finished :)

Excellent work so far, man! I haven't seen that pep done step-by-step, looks like you've got it under control, though. Nice lines to be sure.

This is very cool. Borderlands has a special place in my heart, and I can't really explain why. I think it's cool you're working on this!

By the way, don't let the 40 deg weather keep you down. I am in the same situation right now, but I am still able to resin and fiberglass. I keep my resin inside so that when I am ready to use it, it is already at roughly room temperature. I simply go outside and resin when I want to, then I bring the resined piece back inside and let it harden on my bathroom floor (of course with the fan on). Then I bring the can of resin inside to ensure that it stays at room temperature.

Other than that, good luck! It's really looking good, high quality pepping too. I'd love to see this one get finished :)

Looks great, but don't let a piece cure in your house, even when the resin is curing it is still toxic.

Excellent work so far, man! I haven't seen that pep done step-by-step, looks like you've got it under control, though. Nice lines to be sure.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I might get a chance to resin tommorow because the weather is supposed to be around 70 degrees. I'll upload some pictures if everything works out.

Well, I finnally got a chance to resin today, so here is a picture of what I did. You cant really tell it but I'll try to upload some better pictures tommorow. I also have one question, whenever I start to resin I can smell it through my respirator with the wind blowing. I use an 3m chemical cartridge mask so I dont see how the smell could get through because I do a pressure test and no air leaks in when I do it.
mjjh.jpg

Well, I finnally got a chance to resin today, so here is a picture of what I did. You cant really tell it but I'll try to upload some better pictures tommorow. I also have one question, whenever I start to resin I can smell it through my respirator with the wind blowing. I use an 3m chemical cartridge mask so I dont see how the smell could get through because I do a pressure test and no air leaks in when I do it.

First, congrats on getting the opportunity to resin. Must be exciting!

Also, I use the same 3M organic vapor filter mask (seriously, it's probably the exact same one). I notice that I occasionally get vapor smells too. If your mask is old, it just means the cartridges need to be replaced. If it's new, it means your seal isn't good. If your head is at a weird angle or something, that can break the seal. Also, human noses are super sensitive to the smell of resin cuz it's so sharp, so even the smallest amount will be smelled. If you're bothered about the seal, I recommend wetting your finger with some water and wiping it around the edge of the seal and putting it on while it's still wet. That way the seal will hold much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back