British 4th Of July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um... not living in the UK, I'm not to sure what they do. As far as i know they don't celebrate it, its celebrating the american revolution (right?) thus, only in America. But they have a similar event called bonfire night (or guy fawks night).

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.​
Guy fawks FTW :D
P1010017.jpg
Any other V for Vendetta fans?

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
Nope no 4th of July here.. Btw. What do you do to celebrate? Firewoks?
no no fireworks most of the good ones are illegal the f###in cops will arrest me for using them. that doesnt stop me from making them out of other products.

dont forget bar-b-q's.......and havent you learned this in skool about the 4th of july Tyman?

Tyman said:
no no fireworks most of the good ones are illegal the f###in cops will arrest me for using them. that doesnt stop me from making them out of other products.

well, where I am they allow fireworks just no the good ones that blow up in the sky :D ...So, technically your right they don't

HaloFreakX said:
well, where I am they allow fireworks just no the good ones that blow up in the sky :D ...So, technically your right they don't
Omg what part of virginia r u from i used to live in martinsville!!!!have i learned what in school i usally dont learn anything just sit in the back of the room on my iphone playing pool or something

I usually have a BBQ, cookout and party, maybe some cornhole games * the one where you throw the beanbag onto the board you pervs* and shoot off some fireworks. USA baby! :lol: :D

Only prob is its been raining all day, and very muggy. Stupid weather

link4044 said:
dont forget bar-b-q's.......and havent you learned this in skool about the 4th of july Tyman?
My question exactly.

I got some funny messages from my friends from the UK. Some of them....

"Happy 4th all Americans! Can we have our tea back?"

"Happy 4th you SOBs"

Just some examples. Those guys crack me up. :)

HaloFreakX said:
How come you can't have those ones?

Eh, I usually just sit out back with meh rifle and shoot at marshmellow peeps... but since i was left alone this year, i'll be running a det line to my shoebox full-o firecrackers/fireworks that ive been collecting for some time now lol... i promised my dad that i would not set the house on fire today................................................. on purpose :devil: buahahahaha!

I had the day off. However, that was due to a convenient quirk of school scheduling as opposed to celebrating to American Revolution.
Other than that, I think only the Americans over here (NZ) celebrate the 4th.

p0rtalman said:
... But they have a similar event called bonfire night (or guy fawks night)...
One of my former landlords was actually related to Guy Fawkes, just a random piece of information that came to mind :p
I honestly don't know why we/they celebrate Guy Fawkes, it is the day he tried to blow up the House of Lords after all... I would have thought the government would have put a halt to the celebration ages ago... anyways, I didn't and don't do anything out of the ordinary on the 4th, just another day for me :)

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Eh, I usually just sit out back with meh rifle and shoot at marshmellow peeps... but since i was left alone this year, i'll be running a det line to my shoebox full-o firecrackers/fireworks that ive been collecting for some time now lol... i promised my dad that i would not set the house on fire today................................................. on purpose :devil: buahahahaha!
HAHA! thats hilarious!!!! sounds like something i would do. :cautious: Pyromaniacs FTW

Belakor said:
One of my former landlords was actually related to Guy Fawkes, just a random piece of information that came to mind :p
I honestly don't know why we/they celebrate Guy Fawkes, it is the day he tried to blow up the House of Lords after all... I would have thought the government would have put a halt to the celebration ages ago... anyways, I didn't and don't do anything out of the ordinary on the 4th, just another day for me :)
Thats awesum! i would love to be related to guy fawks. I think its "supposed" to be celebrating the fact that guy fawks didn't succeed, they also burn effigies of him... But i (among many others) believe that he was doing the right thing.

Tyman said:
Omg what part of virginia r u from i used to live in martinsville!!!!have i learned what in school i usally dont learn anything just sit in the back of the room on my iphone playing pool or something

Martinsville... Sorry, never heard of it. but, Viennas' where I am now

p0rtalman said:
Um... not living in the UK, I'm not to sure what they do. As far as i know they don't celebrate it, its celebrating the american revolution (right?) thus, only in America. But they have a similar event called bonfire night (or guy fawks night).

I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.​
P1010017.jpg
...after the anonymous took that mask, v for vendetta isn't very fun to watch :mad: it makes me wanna kill every white guy wit an afro i see on the streets... and a suit

Fragclone said:
...after the anonymous took that mask, v for vendetta isn't very fun to watch :mad: it makes me wanna kill every white guy wit an afro i see on the streets... and a suit
I suggest you do not anger us... I mean... :rolleyes
But really, you have something against anonymous? Or are you just going with what most people say about anon?

Why does it seem that a lot of threads recently have involved anonymous? I don't know why, but it seems like quite a few have gone that route.

Back on topic though. Unless you have a reason to celebrate the revolution of the United States of America, then most people will probably go about their day as any other day.

Razgriz said:
I suggest you do not anger us... I mean... :rolleyes
But really, you have something against anonymous? Or are you just going with what most people say about anon?

Why does it seem that a lot of threads recently have involved anonymous? I don't know why, but it seems like quite a few have gone that route.

Back on topic though. Unless you have a reason to celebrate the revolution of the United States of America, then most people will probably go about their day as any other day.
:lol: i know :3 i just hate them. i wouldnt realy kill a white guy wit an afro. but anyway if there was a british 4th of july would there be tea involved? :p

p0rtalman said:

I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.​
P1010017.jpg
Im from the UK and we dont celebrate it but I do tell my US friends happy 4thJuly and every now and then shout it randomly to people on COD4 and H3 matchmaking! :D but usually everyone is just like :mad: stfu on halo but cod4 ppl are nice. damn, ever since H2 halo matchmaking community has sucked overall, you get nice ppl who start playing without headsets eventually and thats why my friendslist is so little. PM me if you want to play btw! ;)

Oh yeah, in the quote, V4V rawx!! :cool: I am gonna buy one of those masks eventually because I want to protest against scamentology!! I will be going to the forums for anonymous members soon and making a mark on the world.

ANYONE ELSE: Members of anonymous (aka in protest of the so-called religion of $cientology)?

If so PM me please, especially UK members :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back