Build thread - Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBraus

Today we are going to build a pizza. Why? Because pizza. I hate dominoes, Papa John's, and all the other big name guys. Why? Because I'm better.

IMG_20200316_122409195.jpg

This is MY homemade sauce recipe. Do not deviate from this or you will end up with sub par pizza.

IMG_20200316_132132276.jpg

This is the pizza and pasta magic referenced in said recipe. It's literally magic.

Screenshot_20200316-121829.png

Bobby flay pizza dough recipe. Just use that one.

IMG_20200316_154559013.jpg

Follow the dough recipe and let it floof for about two hours. Punch it down and let it floof again. Floofing is a critical process if you don't want to eat a cracker pizza. I'm not going picture heavy with this because it's simple breadmaking and honestly the only important bits here are my sauce recipe.

Also, it's going to say that those ingredients will make 2 pizzas. Not in my house they won't.

IMG_20200316_170724228.jpg

Pretend you know what you're doing and make a circle. Onel a pizza pan. A pizza circle if you will.

IMG_20200316_171039633.jpg

Sauce the circle. Don't skimp on the sauce. It's delicious.

IMG_20200316_171446770.jpg

Get that low moisture mozzarella out if my kitchen. We use the good kind. Also, pepperoni and salami from a deli.

IMG_20200316_172136270.jpg

Let's get fancy! And let's also be realistic. Nobody is gonna see the toppings when I'm done.

IMG_20200316_172349968.jpg

Really let your art go to your head while taking photos of this majestic beast.

We don't need 100% coverage because this cheese flows, much like a good got glue gun.

IMG_20200316_173721169.jpg

I told you we didn't need 100% coverage. Why didn't you listen to me?

IMG_20200316_175142999.jpg

Bake at 475°F for 12 minutes and the wait for the cheese to get brown. Essentially bake for twelve and then babysit for two or three.

IMG_20200316_185728826.jpg

And this is why I don't make two pizzas out of one dough. Do you see how thick that bad boy is?

I'm very surprised at you TheBraus. For someone who "Claims" to be "Better" at making pizza......why is it that you are baking on an aluminium tray.....a true pizza aficionado would use a baking stone. This will give the pizza a much better flavor regardless of the toppings or dough thickness. Yours does look appetizing but I can't have meat w/ dairy.....religious restriction.

I'm very surprised at you TheBraus. For someone who "Claims" to be "Better" at making pizza......why is it that you are baking on an aluminium tray.....a true pizza aficionado would use a baking stone. This will give the pizza a much better flavor regardless of the toppings or dough thickness. Yours does look appetizing but I can't have meat w/ dairy.....religious restriction.

Because I'm cheap.

Really need to invest in a stone though.

The only time I use an aluminium tray is when I make the deep dish style.....double my recipe for dough and use it all for one pie. Wife hates when I do that.......she says its a waste and fattening. She still eats it though........so there is that aspect.

How dare you disrespect papa! His day of reckoning will come! Your pizza does look really really good though. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I am already getting hungry just looking at that crust. Also all the extra points for the fancy symmetrical toppings under the cheez

How dare you disrespect papa! His day of reckoning will come! Your pizza does look really really good though. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I am already getting hungry just looking at that crust. Also all the extra points for the fancy symmetrical toppings under the cheez
OCD at it's finest!!!

Food tastes better when you put love into it.

And paprika.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back