Building a plasma rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallis

Nothing to see yet , i wanted to build a plasma rifle ever since i seen the jasman toy , any advice for building it ? im planning on glassing it when the model is done , and i would like to add LEDs , thanks in advance and hope to have pictures up after xmas sometime :)
and i just found a small motor i could put in it for effects (vibration) :p

I highly support your efforts to build your own plasma rifle, but honestly IMO, the final cost of building one yourself to the specifications you want might cost more then actually buying the jasmane plasma rifle. Thats just me, but go ahead and build it yourself, I like to see self made props.

LED's believe it or not can get expensive as you add more and more. I'd say, probably the best way to go about this, is sculpt it, and probably mold pieces. Since you want to add the bells and whistles, your going to want it hollow, so, probably fiberglass? Make a fiberglass copy of each side, dremel out the areas you need open, place all the electronics in and just attach the sides together. Just an idea though.

-tubachris

tubachris85x said:
I highly support your efforts to build your own plasma rifle, but honestly IMO, the final cost of building one yourself to the specifications you want might cost more then actually buying the jasmane plasma rifle. Thats just me, but go ahead and build it yourself, I like to see self made props.

LED's believe it or not can get expensive as you add more and more. I'd say, probably the best way to go about this, is sculpt it, and probably mold pieces. Since you want to add the bells and whistles, your going to want it hollow, so, probably fiberglass? Make a fiberglass copy of each side, dremel out the areas you need open, place all the electronics in and just attach the sides together. Just an idea though.

-tubachris
thank you for the advice i wanted to do sulpting for a longtime , but i dont have the money :( , but regardless , thank you aot for the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back