Building commissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galse123

Hello everyone,

I was curious if building commissions are a thing I understand the pride and the sense of purpose in the hobby that comes from building and painting your own armor

However I’ve loved halo ODST ever since it came out and have dreamed of having my own ODST armor. However due to my real life schedule and living situation I’m not able to get the tools for the time required for building and painting a set of armor

I was looking at the Sean Bradley kit on Etsy and was wondering if it’s possible to pay someone to build and paint the armor.

Of course payment is a thing and I understand that it probably isn’t that cheap to have someone do that for you but that’s the other side of the coin I’m not being able to do it yourself I guess.

Thanks for any responses I appreciate it

Hello everyone,

I was curious if building commissions are a thing I understand the pride and the sense of purpose in the hobby that comes from building and painting your own armor

However I’ve loved halo ODST ever since it came out and have dreamed of having my own ODST armor. However due to my real life schedule and living situation I’m not able to get the tools for the time required for building and painting a set of armor

I was looking at the Sean Bradley kit on Etsy and was wondering if it’s possible to pay someone to build and paint the armor.

Of course payment is a thing and I understand that it probably isn’t that cheap to have someone do that for you but that’s the other side of the coin I’m not being able to do it yourself I guess.

Thanks for any responses I appreciate it
I personally don't do commissions but I know it's a thing that is often done. The primary downsides to commissions is the price. For a Bradley kit, it would likely be cheaper than doing a custom foam Spartan or something, but still probably going to be a fair amount of monies.
I will say that a Bradley kit doesn't require (as far as I know) any of the bad chemicals or noxious fumes that are typically associated with making armor so it might be something you are able to do yourself. I mean, spray paint- yeah, but not resin or any of the stuff that needs a respirator. You may find that you can do it yourself. Or maybe not. Either way someone will probably reach out to you about the commission. Also, you could try posting in the marketplace section of the forums as a "looking to buy". Might get some attention.

Upvote 0
In the past there have been members who have commissioned others to build and paint their Sean Bradley kit and Sean himself has occasionally taken Complete and Painted commissions of his kit.

As Shepherd pointed out, the big thing is going to be the price. If you commission someone else to build and paint your Sean Bradley kit you are going to have to buy the kit from Sean first, then ship it out to someone else, pay them for their time and materials, and then pay for return shipping to you. Pricey, but it has been done, and this system is actually very common in the Boba Fett costuming world, where someone buys components from a vendor then ships them out to someone else who specializes in assembling and painting.

There are also members who will take commissions for Foam builds. This might be a less expensive option as you do not have to pay for the kit, then for time and labor and materials on top of it, as you would theoretically only be paying for time, labor, and materials, which the raw material for a foam build will be less than than the cost of a kit.

So, you have a few options. You can reach out to Sean via his shop (probably best done after the Halloween Rush) and inquire about if he has any open slots for a "Finished" build.

You can also make a "Want To Buy" (WTB) here on the Forums in the Marketplace section seeking to commission someone for the build.

You can also make a Want To Commission post in the Facebook Group. If you choose to go that route, please ensure to follow the rules for posting a Want To Commission thread there, and be careful and vet folks, as the Facebook Group has over 10,000 members, the vast majority of which are not actual 405th "Members" and do not actively engage with the community, so we can not speak for them, their reliability, or their trust worthiness.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back