Tactical Vest Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahFox

I know the 405th has rules against using their costumes for real protection, including airsoft, but I was wanting to use a real tactical vest as rigging under my ODST armor to attach all of the chest pieces to. Is there any rule against doing this as long as I don't put any protective plates in the vest and leave it as just fabric?

I know the 405th has rules against using their costumes for real protection, including airsoft, but I was wanting to use a real tactical vest as rigging under my ODST armor to attach all of the chest pieces to. Is there any rule against doing this as long as I don't put any protective plates in the vest and leave it as just fabric?
You are more than welcome to use a plate carrier or tac vest as part of your undersuit. That is a common method used in ODST builds and usually looks really good. It will take away from your tier rating (I think) but it looks cool and works well.

The constraints against airsoft are such that we are against anyone implying that the armor we build will actually protect them bc if someone else does it and it doesn't protect them we are worried about liability stuff. So unless you are going to imply that your ODST chest plate will block bullets, you should be good to go!

Upvote 0
Many people use plate carriers as the base for ODST or Marine chestplates because they are convenient and comfortable. By design, it's easy to add things to a plate carrier using either velcro or MOLLE strapping.

Upvote 0
I don't think it breaks the rules if you DO have protective plates in your suit, but the 405th is not responsible for anything that happens, injuries received or etc... because you decided to implement them. And if you get into a situation where you NEED protective plates, you've probably violated our rules anyway.

Upvote 0
If you do purchase a plate carrier, you should also buy/make some dummy plates. These are the same shape and size as real armor plates, but are made out of foam. This will give you plate carrier more structure, so it doesn't sag or droop.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back