Builds By Baz - Full scale MKII Colonial Viper

It's a slow process of accumulation. I've had the shed for months, but can't afford to pay professionals to put it up in a day. Once it's up, I will have to buy sheeting, insulation and put in electricity and lighting - little by little, as I can afford it.

I have no costly vices, rarely drink, don't smoke or do drugs. All my clothes and boots are old and I ususlly wear them until they fall apart. I hate spending money on superficial crap. Every dollar is carefully spent.

Brother, I meant no offense at all. It was just a crack at my current cosplay aspirations.

I'm very glad you've done well and I'd be well suited to remove some vices from my life.

I'm glad for you in the most sincerest way possible. Your are an artisan, and if shows in your work brother.

Brother, I meant no offense at all. It was just a crack at my current cosplay aspirations.

I'm very glad you've done well and I'd be well suited to remove some vices from my life.

I'm glad for you in the most sincerest way possible. Your are an artisan, and if shows in your work brother.

We all start somewhere. I started with derpy cardboard armor in 2008 and now I build real (ish) mechs.

But don't compare yourself to others. Instead compare yourself to who you were yesterday. Keep at it, work hard and you'll become sandbagger too :)

We all start somewhere. I started with derpy cardboard armor in 2008 and now I build real (ish) mechs.

But don't compare yourself to others. Instead compare yourself to who you were yesterday. Keep at it, work hard and you'll become sandbagger too :)

Absolutely brother. I was merely making a joke.

It just didn't come out right.

I really did not mean to offend anyone here or anything else. I'm really impressed with his skills.

Text is difficult to convey tone, both yours and mine. I took no offense mate, all good. I do like to convey to others though, that it is not easy getting to where I am and I'm still not yet where I want to be.

I do like to help others with the advice of experience though. If you want to achieve these things, work hard, be patient, persist. Fight the odds with every tooth and nail, callus, blood blister and every bit of guts you have. The harder the challenge and the more blockades you have to bust through, the more satisfaction can be had, once achieved.

Love my fellow builders and cosplayers out there!

Baz.

Text is difficult to convey tone, both yours and mine. I took no offense mate, all good. I do like to convey to others though, that it is not easy getting to where I am and I'm still not yet where I want to be.

I do like to help others with the advice of experience though. If you want to achieve these things, work hard, be patient, persist. Fight the odds with every tooth and nail, callus, blood blister and every bit of guts you have. The harder the challenge and the more blockades you have to bust through, the more satisfaction can be had, once achieved.

Love my fellow builders and cosplayers out there!

Baz.

Nothing but love brother. Be the best maker you can be.

New hangar is up. I had a little bit of help from friends to do the big lifts, but for the most I've had to do it alone, especially at the moment as we are in the middle of all the new rules on social distancing because of COVID-19.

Most of the modular sections of the Viper I moved back in last night. I've been able to do a lot while I stay at home, but I also need to watch my pennies, which is slowing me down.

Still to do - Stud wall down the length of the hangar to separate the 3m door from the 4m door, insulation, power, lighting, drywall on the insides, weld up some new work benches, install machinery, etc etc. I've a long way to go and without the ability to go where I want, when I want, it's going to be yet another delay.

I still need a few bodies to help me push the rest of the Viper, (main fuselage/engineblock/landing gear), from one end of the house, down the driveway, up the street then navigate the kerb into the other driveway and into the new hangar. I can then reassemble it and start the fibreglass work. With limits on social gatherings of no more than two people at the moment, I'm going to have to wait.

UrtIsss.jpg

XcHkXFh.jpg

KvIOUVn.jpg

Sorry I've been slow on the updates. The coronavirus lockdowns have given me opportunity in many ways, to get things done, but in other ways have hampered me terribly. All in all, I have been hyper busy and got a lot done. To earn extra cash to get the Viper hangar/workshop finished, I have been forging prospectors tools, something I have developed over the last couple of years of gold prospecting in the field. Each time I sell a tool, I can go to the local hardware store and buy more wood, steel and fasteners. Slowly getting there.

50fJnRa.jpg

When I have no money, I roll up the sleeves and get the labour done where the extension on the other end of my house is to be built. After lifting the paver bricks, I discovered a concrete driveway underneath. At least now when I push the Viper around to the other side of the house, I have one less step to negotiate with the wheels.

Sxk2BPW.jpg

sNcbE3S.jpg

Today I built a stud wall down the side of the hangar bay. Hopefully I can sell enough tools to go get some more wood and finish it.

a8Nr3Gd.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back