bunch of visor questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

funymonkey811

i dont get the whole process of putting the visor on.
im thinking of using this visor. shouldi use i different one for the same look but easier to put on. i'm looking for a good look(like i spent time on it with a cheap amount of money) with an easy way of making it.

do i need the paper visor or can i do without it?

could someone tell me step by step what to do and maybe give a crummy paint picture description. im a visual learner. that would help so much! thanks in advance to all that help! :lol:

funymonkey811 said:
i dont get the whole process of putting the visor on.
im thinking of using this visor. shouldi use i different one for the same look but easier to put on. i'm looking for a good look(like i spent time on it with a cheap amount of money) with an easy way of making it.

do i need the paper visor or can i do without it?

could someone tell me step by step what to do and maybe give a crummy paint picture description. im a visual learner. that would help so much! thanks in advance to all that help! :lol:

ok first off why r u buyin a face shild get gold tint from napa autp parts or gold transparensy and take a 2 liter of soda save it use the middle part for visor ok? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
rvb24 said:
ok first off why r u buyin a face shild get gold tint from napa autp parts or gold transparensy and take a 2 liter of soda save it use the middle part for visor ok? :cool:
will it look the same or close cause i want to get a good look.

show pics if you have any and how you put it on and do it.

because 2 liter bottles dont work so well ( ive done it and its not that great)

Bite the bullet. Get the motocycle visor. It adds 100% quality to the suit whether its made of cardboard or paper and fiberglass. Its defineatly worth the 40-50 bucks.

drgon47 said:
Bite the bullet. Get the motocycle visor. It adds 100% quality to the suit whether its made of cardboard or paper and fiberglass. Its defineatly worth the 40-50 bucks.

i second, and yes, use the paper visor, without it your helmet will warp.

drgon47 said:

i can get mine for $10. :]

Most people get the HJC visor that fits the AC-12 - dunno if the one you're linking to is it, the auction has ended. In any event, if you want the visor to look good, get the actual motorcycle visor, not a 2-liter bottle/tint/fairy dust variety. Nothing makes your suit look half-assed than a crappy-looking visor stapled to the front of the helmet. You're spending an inordinate amount of time making this armor, and in my opinion it would cheapen your efforts were you to cut corners on the first thing people will see.

You're going to need to cut (how much depends on how big your head is) the ends off of the HJC visor with a dremel in order to fit it in the helmet. The visor will bend, so you can do a dry run and see how much you'll need to trim. Be sure to leave the plastic film on the visor while you're doing this, to keep the pokey fiberglass strands from scratching off the mirror finish. There's a thread around here somewhere that deals with attaching it (I think black silicone is involved). Just search for it and you'll find it.

Oh, and leave the paper visor in until you're done fiberglassing (you'll need a dremel to cut that out, too). Like others have said, the helmet is more likely to warp without the extra support.

Boomer said:
Most people get the HJC visor that fits the AC-12 - dunno if the one you're linking to is it, the auction has ended. In any event, if you want the visor to look good, get the actual motorcycle visor, not a 2-liter bottle/tint/fairy dust variety. Nothing makes your suit look half-assed than a crappy-looking visor stapled to the front of the helmet. You're spending an inordinate amount of time making this armor, and in my opinion it would cheapen your efforts were you to cut corners on the first thing people will see.

You're going to need to cut (how much depends on how big your head is) the ends off of the HJC visor with a dremel in order to fit it in the helmet. The visor will bend, so you can do a dry run and see how much you'll need to trim. Be sure to leave the plastic film on the visor while you're doing this, to keep the pokey fiberglass strands from scratching off the mirror finish. There's a thread around here somewhere that deals with attaching it (I think black silicone is involved). Just search for it and you'll find it.

Oh, and leave the paper visor in until you're done fiberglassing (you'll need a dremel to cut that out, too). Like others have said, the helmet is more likely to warp without the extra support.
THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT, I was going to just toss it aside from the start because I thought it was useless...

ok trust me it is wat they put on the visor to make them gold mirror its thje film they put on the face shild ok it will look just like it :cool:

and its cheaper dude 2liter botle does work u just dont how to bend it the other way tape it the wate then untape it and it will be all most strate

valdeztke said:
What year in school do they start teaching English?
Buy the VISOR. End of thread :)

dont waste money (dont be a smart ass ether)

There's this cellophane plastic you can get at my local A.C. Moore. One guy I talked to said just spray it with Testors trasparent gold paint. Well whatever you do, that's what I'm doing.

Boomer said:

thank you for the much needed help!

you are a life saver!

now ive just got to remember the scale i did for my helmet (does it matter could i do a cardboard cover) like this \/ \/ \/

mkv002.jpg

over the visor, after i attach it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back