Bungie Says "goodbye" To Halo After Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you can do just about anything in the Halo universe. The possibilities are endless but all we can do is wait. I personally think that the franchise can never end. I've read all the books from Reach to the Cole protocol. So in the end, we will never know.

Playing as other Spartan II's, ( Other than Masterchief. :p ) would be pretty cool. Or maybe get to see some of the SII's from the books put into the games. :D

Its my understanding that Peter Jackson was planing to get involved with the Halo Universe (Other then the movie) with interactive games based in the Halo Universe I think it is one or two more trilogys maybe Bungie is with Halo maybe not but I think whatever they it will be Awesome and I cant wait :)

well thats good to hear. it would be nice to play the characters in the halo universe, maybe like a marine kinda call of duty.

I wanna play as a grunt. I think that'd be a lot of fun having the obvious handicaps, plus all the comical implications.

I'm tired of being the superhero with the coolest powers in the game. I wanna be the little guy that has to work harder to win.

I hope Bungie's going to to go ahead with their own IP though. They talked about doing that, and quite likely have been in the process of creating it for some time now. I can't wait to see them apply what they've learned, and have the freedom to do all kinds of stuff like.. like throw in some gore.. or some Pimpin' on the high seas.. :)

Yes, Frankie says Halo and even Masterchief will return, but don't forget.. Frankie and Mastercheif are both Micro$oft's now.. not Bungies.

Personally, I don't think that Bungie will ever stop making anything Halo related. That would be like Nintendo saying they were through making Zelda games, the community would riot.

I personally think it can go either way after Halo 3. I would like to see a continuation of the story in some way, whether it be what happens to the Master Chief and Cortana, or the condition of the Elite's homeworld. And if they don't want to make more, that's fine too, they left on an EPIC note. I think what would be awesome is if they made a fourth Halo game in which you switched back and forth between Master Chief and Arbiter, just like you did in Halo 2.

Just like a few other posters said before me, NEVER say never! ;)

I believe they mean Halo 3 on its own. I doubt they'll give up Halo completely. I mean, sure it has been going on for a good while, but it makes money, and it has fans wanting more. Look at Nintendo, they are still making money off the same ideas here twenty years later.

I don't think Halo is done, maybe a break from it, but at the same time, Bungie needs to do something so they don't go down in history with the only label of "those guys that made Halo."

{Cortana said:
Personally, I don't think that Bungie will ever stop making anything Halo related. That would be like Nintendo saying they were through making Zelda games, the community would riot.

I personally think it can go either way after Halo 3. I would like to see a continuation of the story in some way, whether it be what happens to the Master Chief and Cortana, or the condition of the Elite's homeworld. And if they don't want to make more, that's fine too, they left on an EPIC note. I think what would be awesome is if they made a fourth Halo game in which you switched back and forth between Master Chief and Arbiter, just like you did in Halo 2.

Just like a few other posters said before me, NEVER say never! ;)

Or Mario.

I think Pelican pilot would interesting but, I don't think they have much to build on from a pilot :/. I think maybe the way they did it for Call of Duty would work but, just a pilot game alone, won't do great. I thought about it and there wouldn't be as much to do it seems like Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. I haven't played it yet though. I don't think H.A.W.X looks to good though.

Last edited by a moderator:
p0rtalman said:
It sounds like they are only ending the halo 3 series... which I thought was going to finish with Halo 3 anyway, so it doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind if they've completely finished with the halo universe either, because if their next game is just as good as the halo series ill be very happy :D
As long as it doesn’t mean M$ will start messing with the Halo universe, because they will eventually stuff it up.
you halo hating traitor

p0rtalman said:
It sounds like they are only ending the halo 3 series... which I thought was going to finish with Halo 3 anyway, so it doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind if they've completely finished with the halo universe either, because if their next game is just as good as the halo series ill be very happy :D
As long as it doesn’t mean M$ will start messing with the Halo universe, because they will eventually stuff it up.
(y) I can see a few more ideas, but as long as they finish the Masterchief storyline.

One idea i was thinking about was a game like battlefields where it is an open battle map/s and you play as various soldiers...ie...marine ( choosing different skills like rocket, sniper, medic ), pilot ( droping warthogs, picking up injured and delivering troops, fighters), ODST ( infiltrating) Spartan ( obvious skills) Tankdriver/s.

And then you could also play the enemy ( covenant, flood, etc).

Also you could have ground battles and space battles.

The ground battles could be sparce or very close built up area skirmishes. Like in the utube model diarahma.

all with spawning...interactive vehicles. It could be a mixture of all the halo games/locations.

Even a kind of space hulk setting like in Warhammer.

Might work.

I was watching X-Play earlier today, and apparently there was a quote from a Bungie employee that was said during the GDC (Game Developers Conference). It was on the bottom in the the ticker for The Feed, but it said:

"We spent two and a half years making Halo 3, and we'll probably spend two more on it."

I'll go see real quick if I can find a link, just so you all don't think I'm crazy. :p

EDIT: Ah, here we are!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/bungie-n...one-with-halo-3

Just to sum all things up, BUNGIE = "Givin' up halo's" right after halo:$dst

Alright Not really a lost, because THEY GAVE US THE HALO GAMES, and Like Kensai said "We'll have to hold our breath" and wait right after.

Not trying to ruin anything but, seeing how you guys dreaming bout more halo's, just sit back, relax, have a marathon with all the halo games. Live the moments up, until then just be happy what is given and hope for the best of Bungie's future projects.

SprayNoob
-Touch mah Blarg-

If you think about it, eventually the chief will die of old age (he's getting pretty old) or the flood/coventant/covenant flood forms will kill all the humans.

SprayNoob said:
Just to sum all things up, BUNGIE = "Givin' up halo's" right after halo:$dst

Alright Not really a lost, because THEY GAVE US THE HALO GAMES, and Like Kensai said "We'll have to hold our breath" and wait right after.

Not trying to ruin anything but, seeing how you guys dreaming bout more halo's, just sit back, relax, have a marathon with all the halo games. Live the moments up, until then just be happy what is given and hope for the best of Bungie's future projects.

SprayNoob
-Touch mah Blarg-
Read my post above, they aren't done just yet. ;)

I wasnt really saying that they were saying bye.. its really hard to be sarcastic here.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back