Burt's Soldier 76 & Reaper from Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

I've been working on both a Soldier 76 and Reaper costume

Soldier 76:

hgsqFoU.jpg

Soldier starts as a 3D print in 4 pieces.

Zk6XNpb.jpg

Glue together and a layer of Rustoleum filler primer.

UsJnXLM.jpg

Bondo, sanding and smoothing. Fresh coat of primer here.

6gMfeFK.jpg

almost ready for paint

BTfd0uU.jpg

Paint. I used a mix of colors to get his mask color. Ears are black, blue is a nice cobalt blue. The gray is a mix of two colors, a dark gray and a metallic black lightly sprayed overtop.

FhdSRwU.jpg

Strap installed. Used epoxy sculpt to install two clips on the inside to loop the strap though. The strap is from a pair of swimming goggles. When my hair is white for the costume, it will be hard to see. The clear strap is great and is secure on my head.

nbntFEy.jpg

visor and lights installed. I can see fine, its just red. The light is El wire, and sits right above my eye line. There is no light bleed so my vision is great. The actual visor is a film gel used for reading and what not. Its a bit thinner material than I'd like, but once its glued in, and the el wire place behind it, its not moving any where.

sKPzdCC.jpg

The wire will be hidden under my balaclava when I wear it for the full costume, and the battery pack in one of the pouches on my shoulder.

Here's a Gif of the lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reaper mask

V02dtCZ.jpg

Same as above. 3D printed piece. Several parts, glued together with super glue, cleaned with Filler primer and bondo spot putty.
Here is the mask ready for paint.

Original Reaper model by: Salomaoric

c8N81au.jpg FkSO14J.jpg

------------------------------------

Up next:

Soldier 76's gun, and Reaper's Guns. Stay tuned :D

Holy *ell! That is some beautiful work Burt. The soldier 76 mask is spot on. Really like how you did the light. Just a note though, EL wire? or EL tape? looks like the tape kind. Nice and uniform glow. Can we get a shot of the inside of that mask?? :)

I didn't know there was a different between el wire and el tape, but you're right, it is el tape. here is the exact one I used

here's the inside of the mask, nothing too complicated

IKIEsJz.jpg Qlz3uoV.jpg

I switched the strap to a black elastic band, I like it better. Its adjustable with velcro on the side.

Wow! This is some sick stuff! Good job

Thank you so much! I have more coming!

TEsL0s6.jpg

I recently got a new file for Nevermore/Plague Doctor Reaper, thanks to a friend. He also cleaned up our old Soldier mask to be much more game accurate! If you need any modeling work, message Fabian . He has very reasonable prices, and his models are Top notch.

With this, I think I'm going to start a Plague Doctor Reaper costume :)

Holy moly, that Soldier 76 mask is awesome. (By the way, your EL tape inspired me to test something new...)

Holy moly, that Soldier 76 mask is awesome. (By the way, your EL tape inspired me to test something new...)

Thank you! That el tape stuff is really cool. Do be careful on where you link it. I had a thread on Reddit that got to the front page, I had linked the exact el tape I used (it was priced at 10 bucks when i bought it). I go to check a few days later to buy more.. and wouldn't you know... they raised their price to 16 bucks after all the pages views... well, I guess you're welcome random company lmao.

i have a high detail blueprint for soldier 76's gun if u want it: here

Thank you so much! I'll definitely be using this! Its super nice of you to link that for me :$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back