Battlefield 2142 EU Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeAssault

Soooo it's been a few years since my first attempt to make this costume, but I think I've got it this time.
So to start the goal is to make the EU soldier kit from the game BF2142.
First I want to make the Recon class.
Featuring a closed helmet and different pouches from the other guys.
Beta EU Recon Heavy Armor.png

The other three classes I intend to make as they only really differ in the backpacks and pouches. (And of course weaponry)
Beta EU Support Heavy Armor.png
Beta EU Engineer Heavy Armor.png
Beta EU Assault Heavy Armor.png

I downloaded armor smith and cut up pieces from the character models to begin.

2142 Cosplay.jpeg

2142 Cosplay 2.jpeg

2142 Cosplay 3.jpeg

So for now I think I've got the scale I want down, but I've got to make a few adjustments and do some measuring to get into the swing of everything.
As of right now I've got the shin guards and thigh guards cut out and sized mostly.

Then I've gotta figure out if I want to 3D print the helmet or attempt something else.

Attachments

• Beta EU Assault Heavy Armor.png
    Beta EU Assault Heavy Armor.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do a cosplay of this before looking forward to this one bud!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do a cosplay of this before looking forward to this one bud!
Appreciate it!
And I want to do it the best justice I can, there are only 2-3(?) I've seen that are accurate.
When I'm mostly complete with this I also want to do the opposing faction as well.

Some of the other cosplays. While accurate they don't quite hit the mark 100%. (in my opinion)
tumblr_o691vo2sBq1ulpq7zo1_1280.jpg

nc_ohc=xgn1r5RVSFkAX_6YcYp&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

(this dudes backpack is pretty ******* sweet and accurate though)
SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jpg

SwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.jpg

Side note I'm trying to find if anyone knows a reputable shop to print on fabric for making a BDU type pant and Combat top style shirt for this cosplay?
I'm having trouble finding someone that will print Ripstop, my daily uniform is 50/50Nylon Cotton Ripstop and I can't find any one that will print on it.

(Screenshot of the pattern I'm trying to get for the uniforms)
1678856587954.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back