Busa In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

cainam

I've been working on this helmet for a while on and off. Its looking pretty good so far. I just started fiber glassing it this weekend and I hope to finish fiber glassing by this next weekend. I'm in no rush to finish it because if I do get too excited and rush it, I will end up screwing up on it. I really want to bondo it this weekend but we'll see how far I get.

Great start! I'm working on one myself, click on the image in my signature to link to the thread.

Can't wait to see your progress.

yes grass hoppa , patience is ancient Chinese secret to success..it really shows that you've taken your time on it.. and is it fully glassed or just resin'd so far?

Its resined and partially fiber glassed right now. I didnt have any supports in it and i didnt feel like making any so I resined it in different sections and watched it closely to prevent warping.

Boryenko said:
Doing that sure looks like it's working for you! Any plans to mold it when your finished?
Yea its working pretty well. I'm pretty sure I will make molds when I'm finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aight well i promised some more pictures on my progress so tell me what you think.

I got all most all of the fiber glassing done except for the two spikes on the sides. The other spikes i was having trouble getting the cloth in so my buddy Gman came up with the idea of putting the foam from the brushes we use soaked in resin in it. It worked very well!

i see that a lot of people have looked at this but dont be afraid to give some input. it helps me get motivated to work on it and i could use some motivation since track started

squishy black foam brush plus resin and stuffed in the spike...mmm..not bad. how did the foam and resin due? harden right up i would guess. does it seen solid?

Well yes it is very solid and it makes it a heck of a lot easier strengthening the spikes. Im amazed at his busa, it fits him perfectly and for some reason his looks a lot more accurate then most ive seen on here.

yea the foam hardened right up and it proved itself sturdy. im completely done fiber glassing now and i am ready to move into bondo. I will prob start it tonight and put some pictures up this weekend since i dont have to work and i dont think i have a track meet so there will be plenty of time to work on it.

Well did ok at my track meet. i got third place in my event. I did find time to work on my helmet so here you go.

[attachment=8479:028.jpg]

[attachment=8480:031.jpg]

[attachment=8481:026.jpg]

Oooo! Glowing Busa. Haha sweet. Lookin good cainam. I just primed my mini AR which i guess looks like a sub AR. Oh and I added a silencer. It looks pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back