( busy playin Halo 4, brb :p) Halo 4 ARC-920 'Railgun' W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou (thankyou) thankyou (thankyou) thankyou (thankyou) thank you Zaff! You are awesome! this is epic!

All in all I didn't see much wrong with the model, but then I haven't really spent a lot of time looking over the in-game version. The biggest thing to help cut down the page count would be the section that ended up having to take up4 pages simply because of its length. If there was a way to simply cut those in half they'd all fit on the same page, or even be able to get shuffled in to the other pages.

Also just remembered that I didn't turn the Edge ID on before I uploaded it, so if anyone is going to use this model, remember to take care of that before printing.

All in all I didn't see much wrong with the model, but then I haven't really spent a lot of time looking over the in-game version. The biggest thing to help cut down the page count would be the section that ended up having to take up4 pages simply because of its length. If there was a way to simply cut those in half they'd all fit on the same page, or even be able to get shuffled in to the other pages.

Also just remembered that I didn't turn the Edge ID on before I uploaded it, so if anyone is going to use this model, remember to take care of that before printing.
Yeah i think i got the length figured out. Ill have an updated sketchup version up soon. Then another updated pepakura model. But belay the build.... too busy playing Halo 4. Anybody else get Halo 4 limited edition with the limited edition prime guide, and the limited edition controller?

Looking good!
Pretty sweet!..
This turned out so awesome, it would be a shame to not build it!
Thank you guys. I really appreciated the support.
I agree. It really is quite a fantastic idea.
And thank you Skullptura. I thought about it when i started to watch the weapons previews on youtube, so i decided it would a sweet feature to add to the weapon for all the hard core prop fans. :)

Keep tuned in for updates guys. I hope to be uploading pics of the build within the next month, but the cold weather may slow me down a tad.

Logan.

Yo, That's pretty cool man. I was going to offer to unfold, but it looks like Zaff has you covered. Lemme know if ya need help.

Yo, That's pretty cool man. I was going to offer to unfold, but it looks like Zaff has you covered. Lemme know if ya need help.
honestly whoever unfolds, its all amazing for me and all the guys( and ladies ). Zaffs was amazing and i really enjoy his simple style, but i messed up by giving him a wack model to unfold. i going back and fixing the poly count so it makes unfold easier...hopefully. But sure, if you up for the next model unfolding, ill email you and bug you to let you know its ready.

Now everything's done except for YOU to make it! I think 343 thought of putting little halo rings inside the gun, and it looks like a mass driver but handheld, I feel sorry for hunters and phantoms already.........

Now everything's done except for YOU to make it! I think 343 thought of putting little halo rings inside the gun, and it looks like a mass driver but handheld, I feel sorry for hunters and phantoms already.........

its not that there halos. If you look at any magnetic accelerator, it has a circular magnetic current. that's whats being seen when you see the halos.
And.....has anyone serious gone into combat with the railgun? Anyone wanna tell me that the railgun just sucks? ;P ITS AWESOMER THAN I EVER THOUGHT!

Well I personally thought that the rail gun didnt quite perform like it should have. The most frustration I had in the game was the flight scene. The controls felt weird to me and I just crashed over and over again until i finally got through rofl.

I've had moderate success with the railgun in Spartan Ops. I haven't gone through the full campaign and haven't encountered it there yet. War Games, it's on the fence. When I can hit someone with it, it works great. But usually I end up missing because I can't get the hang of the timing, both of the gun itself and the time variance that comes from playing an online game.

Just wanted to say thank you for doing the work on this pep file. I love the design of the weapon, even if in game it's not THAT amazing.

I understand why it is the way it is for game balance purposes, but it really needs either more ammunition, or
some sort of optics like the rocket launcher or Spartan laser.

Still a cool looking piece of futuretech!

Just wanted to say thank you for doing the work on this pep file. I love the design of the weapon, even if in game it's not THAT amazing.

I understand why it is the way it is for game balance purposes, but it really needs either more ammunition, or
some sort of optics like the rocket launcher or Spartan laser.

Still a cool looking piece of futuretech!
I've had moderate success with the railgun in Spartan Ops. I haven't gone through the full campaign and haven't encountered it there yet. War Games, it's on the fence. When I can hit someone with it, it works great. But usually I end up missing because I can't get the hang of the timing, both of the gun itself and the time variance that comes from playing an online game.

Ok, despite two malfunctions, this weapon is amazing. I have had huge success with this baby, and is, all around, my favorite UNSC weapon by far, next to the BR. Heres the trick with this gun.
1. yes there's a holding timer, but it also a delay-er aswell. go back and play with it a bit. after .5 sec of holding and letting the trigger go, the weapon fires. But, unlike the spartan laser and rocket launcher, there is a wait time you can use! u can hold it up to 2 sec before it can not hold any longer and will fire automatically. Go back and practice this a few times. That 1.5 sec delay-er should give you enough time to line up any shot, if you are a experience player.

2. yes....the ammo capacity sucks.... but if you have the right support addons, you should get up to 7 or 8 rounds, and if you have a set kill streak, you can take 4 or 5 lives with it, order another one, and reload, and repeat. that has been my tactic so far, and right now my K/D ratio with this gun alone is 6/1.

3. Scoop-wise....ehh, im good with or without it. the only irritating thing is, if anyone has noticed.....the thing fires faster than the scorpion shells! WTF?!?!? they ruined the scorpion!

So with out a doubt, the Railgun has my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back