( busy playin Halo 4, brb :p) Halo 4 ARC-920 'Railgun' W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing backflips looking at how good you are at sketchup ( it's such a bit$h when modeling)
It looks like the grafton from reach ( the one that gets owned by the cloaked covie ship)

Hey guys. just passing time, so i made optional color themes. i thought they were cool. Let me know what yall think.
Expect_zps1ea7bf50.jpg

A|B
C|D

vote which ones your favorite?
And please rate my thread. :)

I like B personally.

Finally, here's the unfold of the Lo-Res Railgun. ARC-920
A HUGE thanks to zaff

Thank You Zaff

For taking his time to unfold this. I cant wait to see future W.I.P's that will spin-off from this. So there it is everyone. Good luck!
~anybody needing help on this or any future version, feel free to email me. :) ~

Hey guys. another update-ish. I've been working on a High Def. version of the rail gun. So far im almost done and ready to hand it off to my master unfolder (Zaff), and get these baby's pumping out to y'all like octomom...except there will be more than eight. lol. I've got three pics, re imaging the selected color schemes which are possible(and my favorite) from the updated file. Hope y'all like.
RGHDblackshaded.png

RGHDcolorscheme1.png

RGHDcolorscheme2.png

oh, and for those who haven't been following my posts across 405th, there is an ammunition add-on, and a model of the cartridge aswell. :) y'all will love this thing. Its so awesome!

So here it is finally. Yet to be unfolded in all its glory. As game accurate as possible. Zaff, now its up to you and any unfolder to unfold this. Feel free everyone. :D
RailgunPEP.gif
Click on pic to take you to the site.

Feel free to post any questions you may have.

That looks beautiful man! I think I might have a go at that in foam once I am done with all my on going projects. Just finishing of the paint job on my MA5C ready for Haloween fancy dress at my local pub. I thought it wouldn't be right to walk in all suited up with out a gun so it's been a very rushed job as had 4 nights to do it in. I learned a lot which should help with making a much better quality gun and your rail gun shines quality :)

Tom.

We've got a real railgun fan here! :D I like the railgun, although it fires slow, it has it's advantages.
AWESOME work on the railgun! I tried unfolding the low-def file of your railgun, then Zaff came up with his unfold, and I was stunned! I just leave the unfolding to the talented ones ;)

I'll take a crack at it and see what I can do. If I can get something that works well, I'll be sure to repost it here, as well as over in the HAlo 4 Pep File thread.

The reloading mechanism is a nice touch, by the way. Moving parts really bring the finished props to life, even more so than lighting or even sound effects.

I'll take a crack at it and see what I can do. If I can get something that works well, I'll be sure to repost it here, as well as over in the HAlo 4 Pep File thread.

The reloading mechanism is a nice touch, by the way. Moving parts really bring the finished props to life, even more so than lighting or even sound effects.
Thanks zaff. Thats the plan brah. once i get the electrical system worked out, after firing(which will rumble when fire), the cap should pop up and spit out the cartridge just like in the game, and will be programed so the electrical timer will be reset when the cartridge is reloaded and the cap pushed down. I want this sucker as lifelike as possible. and yes like rainbow dash said, i'm a huge fan of this gun just as i am of the splaser, which will be next after this!!!!

*about my efforts for life likeness.* I'm sorry, but every since i was 13 and i first saw this site and all the amazing things here.... i just couldn't stop dreaming about making a weapon that acts like the real thing. The pop open cam cover for the splaser, the rotating canister for the rocket launcher, the removable and replaceable ammo cartridges. i wanna recreate it all!!! lol and once i get a good inventory going, ill make a weapons holder like in ODST, Reach, and H3 to hold it all. and yes, just for those SPARTANs, all weapons will be magnetically adhesive to any part of your armor you want. When i do something, i go all out as much as possible, down to the last crevice.

In a lot of ways, I'm the same. If I can't get something done exactly right, a part of me doesn't even want to do it at all. But, for some things I can get by that perfectionism by going the custom route. If something doesn't look exactly like it does in the pictures, I try to go with it and make it look more like a field mod rather than a bad build. I almost ran into the same problem with the lowdef unfold of the railgun, because the scale I was using would have forced the last large section to be printed across two pages. If I hadn't conceded to using a smaller scale, it wouldn't have fit, and I probably wouldn't have turned it in because if I'm not happy with something, I find it safer not to assume that someone else would be. Just seems like common sense, really. Or at least good business sense.

In a lot of ways, I'm the same. If I can't get something done exactly right, a part of me doesn't even want to do it at all. But, for some things I can get by that perfectionism by going the custom route. If something doesn't look exactly like it does in the pictures, I try to go with it and make it look more like a field mod rather than a bad build. I almost ran into the same problem with the lowdef unfold of the railgun, because the scale I was using would have forced the last large section to be printed across two pages. If I hadn't conceded to using a smaller scale, it wouldn't have fit, and I probably wouldn't have turned it in because if I'm not happy with something, I find it safer not to assume that someone else would be. Just seems like common sense, really. Or at least good business sense.

I know whatcha mean. Just let me know if ur have any problems. I'm pleased to help. :)

Hey everyone. I've gotten a couple of messages and personal emails requesting tutorial and how-to information on how I work with SketchUp and Pepakura together. If you have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread and I will answer ASAP with possible visual explanations and step-by-step processes. Thank you all for sticking by me through this. I hope that the unfold will be finished soon and that we all can start on this remarkable weapon.

Special thanks to Zaff, kill kill kill, DaFrontlineTrooper, and Grave Heart for their help, inspiration, confidence, and model references.

So here it is finally. Yet to be unfolded in all its glory. As game accurate as possible. Zaff, now its up to you and any unfolder to unfold this. Feel free everyone. :D
RailgunPEP.gif
Click on pic to take you to the site.

Feel free to post any questions you may have.
WOW! this is great! I love the magazine idea! this makes me wanna do a pepakura gun build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back