C.q.b. Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlawwolf117

Jr Member
Hello 405th, it's been awhile, but i need the help of the community again. My plan is to make my friend a C.Q.B. helmet for a christmas present, but my budget is extremely low, so I cannot afford a motorcycle visor to make... the visor. If anyone could help me find a cheap alternative, that would be awesome. If you could possibly donate something that could be used, please pm. Thanks!

try vacuum forming. make amachine outa scrap wood theres a video on youtube under Make:

thats wut im doing for my c.q.b

i have seen the videos, but there are a few things that prevent me from doing that.... I do not know where to get the plastic locally (online shipping to hawaii is a pain in the butt) and i do not have the materials needed to make the vacuum former...

This is REALLY cheap, but use a 1 L soda bottle. I got soda from the dollar store (it had a bigger bottle)

But it does work

The best method is the motorcycle visors....2 in fact. I recommend being patient and save money to do it the right way. You won't regret it.

Ithica

Ithica said:
The best method is the motorcycle visors....2 in fact. I recommend being patient and save money to do it the right way. You won't regret it.

Ithica

like always I agree with Ithica xD

you could make an EOD and use a pair a cheap orange glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ithica: I would love to do this, but i also want it to be a christmas present, and i am also too young to get a local job, so saving enough money may take some time.... i would like to be able to do it this way, but i'd regret not being able to surprise him on christmas (or at least the day before winter intercession).

@AlexSpartan177: The funny story about this is, my friend said he doesn't like the eod helmet..... *sigh* would've made this a lot easier.

thank you both for your inputs though, much appreciated!

oooh ic. but yeah try taking a 2l pop ottle and trimming ti to fit there will be a little space on the corners just use alot of foam there to cover it.. hope this helped:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back