C2E2 2020 Info and Roll Call: Feb 28th - Mar 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its still early yet. We can aim to do it inside and possibly outside depending on the weather

Does anyone have any other suggestions for food? I know I already said Connie's Pizza was a good place but it's inside the con building so I don't know how busy it's going to be.

Here are some other food places:
Portilo's Hot Dogs | 10 minutes away

520 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607
Picobene's (Pizza) | 6 minutes away
252 W 26th St, Chicago, IL 60616
Hamburger Heaven Express | 10 minutes away
3001 S Archer Ave, Chicago, IL 60608

For fast casual, you cant go wrong with Portillos! (Just dont put ketchup on it thats a sin in Chicago XD) If were looking for somewhere a little nicer im sure we can find a solid Chicago style pizza place if thise coming in from out of town want to try some Deep Dish!

I know Im bringing stuff to make food in my hotel room to save a few bucks, but I would like to go out as a group at least one night.

Im going to post the link to this thread on facebook tomorrow as well to catch any stragglers who dont check the forums. I also asked NobleofDeath16 to update the boots on the ground list so we can get a better headcount.

If anyone has friends coming who are cosplaying with Halo suits please let us know so we can get a more accurate head count!

I'm trying to get a friend to join and make a marine (or borrow mine as I'll be in ODST gear), but can't count him in yet.

I made sure to get a room w/ a kitchenette, so I'll be bringing some food to cook in my room, but I'm hoping/planning for a dinner w/ a group at least once.

10/11 for the photoshoot sounds perfect. As Cos mentioned, that runs in line with standard photo times as we have seen before at C2E2. We will plan for that outdoor location, and me, Spidermonkey60 , and Rosebud will collaborate on a indoor shoot if necessary as a winter contingency.

As for food, I am thinking with the amount of people we are expecting we should shoot for a nice location to eat at. So deep dish is definitely on the table for that. The more space we have to sit together as a group and mingle in my opinion after a long day, is much better. Especially this being one of the first big Midwest outings of the season, I'd love to refresh with everyone on faces and stories.

Also as an all around update, I am looking for any changes in plans from you, NobleTravis. Let us know when you can.

Last edited:
10/11 for the photoshoot sounds perfect. As Cos mentioned, that runs in line with standard photo times as we have seen before at C2E2. We will plan for that outdoor location, and me, Spidermonkey60 , and Rosebud will collaborate on a indoor shoot if necessary as a winter contingency.

Come again NobleofDeath16 did you say Covenant?

(quote tool didnt work. Gotta do this the old fashioned way :lol: )
NobleofDeath16 "-deep dish is definitely on the table for that. The more space we have to sit together as a group and mingle in my opinion after a long day, is much better"

I'll keep that in mind if I find any other good food spots. Do we even want to try Giordano's?

The more photographers we have available the better any shoot we do will go. On the subject of Giordano's, that also does provide plenty of food options and space in their locations to fit large parties. I'll look into it and see where the nearest one would be from the con.

The more photographers we have available the better any shoot we do will go. On the subject of Giordano's, that also does provide plenty of food options and space in their locations to fit large parties. I'll look into it and see where the nearest one would be from the con.
Maybe a week or two ahead of the con we should get a head count with any friends of those attending allowed to join so we can call ahead and maybe reserve a table if they allow that. We should make sure they allow for seperate checks though so someone doesnt end up with a massive bill

I will make sure we get it reserved at least two weeks in advance if possible to make our lives easier. We entirely do not need another HOD incident of over an hour just waiting to clear our checks.

I will make sure we get it reserved at least two weeks in advance if possible to make our lives easier. We entirely do not need another HOD incident of over an hour just waiting to clear our checks.
That's why I'm so hesitent to go to Giordano's. I'm just thinking: "Every's heard of it and knows it's good" So I think that it has the possibility of being packed. 'Last thing I want is another HOD incident where the first people there wait over an hour for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back