Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleofDeath16

Division PR and RCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S511
Description: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo is one of the Midwest's fastest-growing comic, pop-culture, and cosplay centric "Comic-Con"'s of the region. Celebrities, artists, voice actors and the like are all invited each year to the McCormick Place Center in Chicago each year to celebrate all things pop culture, and to give their fans what they want; a place to geek out over all their favorite media

Date: August 5th through August 7th, 2022. (Condensed: 08/05/2022 - 08/07/2022)

Location: McCormick Place Center South Building, Chicago IL. (Google Maps link here.)

Event Website:
We are currently ironing out details for this convention as of earlier this year. We would like any and all help from members for securing intel as follows:
  • Photographers and/or interested photographers willing to work with Regiment Staff on photoshoots.
  • Members planning to attend who may need room accommodation assistance and/or roommates.
As a member who has frequented this convention successfully since it's early days I will now provide additional details/information to be taken with a grain of salt due to it being opinion, and in no way to be taken as fact or 100% accurate information.

1. Out of the few years, I have gone, for anyone who plans on driving each day or keeping their car in any location, I highly suggest bypassing Lot A and Lot B and going straight for Lot C. Not only has it proven to always have space, it is also always the last lot the con will attempt filling. Saturday it is always suggested to embark on the journey to the con early for Saturday because of how fast these lots fill up. As well as that, the walk to and from Lot C yield wonderful areas for photo shoots, whether they be indoor or outdoor. Inclement weather this year, in particular, must be factored in due to how early the convention will be.

2. Plan for heavy security routines each day of the conventions. Make sure your weapons are properly tagged before the convention to expedite the trip through the metal detectors and with staff as each day passes by. You will have to pass through them every time you leave the con's main area so make those trips in and out counts.

3. This convention varies in how strict they are on how present your pass must be while on the show floor. I suggest integrating your lanyard/pass into your suits for ease of access and easy to hide for photos. ( One of our members has a perfect example of this by his magnetics on his suit concealing the lanyard and he is able to remove the plate with ease in checkpoints)

4. The Hyatt hotel is directly connected to the convention center and makes for a large hub of pre and 0ost con day activities. As well as that, it has a few bars and a restaurant connected to it. It makes for a great space as well to plan out daily activities with friends and other members. Unfortunately, you have to go through security to go from the Lot C approach entrance to the hotel and vice versa each time. Goes back to the saying, Make your trips count. Carrying quick repair kits with a handler or on your suit is suggested for this con in particular.

5. The green line runs through and to McCormick Place. While this info will not help everyone it is good to note.
Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance)
  • Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Marriott Marquis Chicago (Connected to Con Center) (HERE)
  • Hilton Garden Inn (West McCormick) (HERE)
  • The Wheeler Mansion (HERE)
  • Chicago South Loop Hotel (HERE)
Final Thoughts:

Compared to other years, this is not only a planned first big outing hopefully at the tail end of the pandemic, but a warmer time of the year and a very high expected amount of members. Plan accordingly with your travel plans and fellow members, and above all bring a ton of water. Midwest Summer can be very unpredictable heat wise. We have multiple members already in communication in terms of rooming and storage need. And you can ALWAYS reach out to me regarding any questions or concerns.

There has also been recent updates to their policy regarding the pandemic that I recommend all attendees review BEFORE attending;

C2E2 Health and Safety Protocols

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- NobleofDeath16
- Spidermonkey60
- Tesla
- CrimsonViper97
- MrJamin
- Wayward Flood
- Off Earth
- scorch
- KGSupreme
- Lieutenant Jaku
- Benton188
- moderndaymarc +1
- Emp Frosty +1
- Fallen
- UltimateTM
- RandomRanger
- Purplehazey
- SoleofDeath
- SSGLordBert
- SSGLordErne
- TwoOneSix
- BobRossIsMaDad
- nerdman234
- tyler2127 (Saturday)
- Lord Elmo

Tentative Responses:

- smelms
- Harri51
- OtherODSTBuck
- iac300
- marinesniper
- TinyTim
- Sierra Charlie
- SGT Razor
- Rosebud
- ColFork85
- CoS Spartan058

Hotel Reservations: Unavailable through C2E2 until the date is closer.

Badge Purchase: HERE

Dinner Plans:

Pardon our dust, as we sort this out.

Photoshoot:

The photoshoot will be on Saturday, August 6th, 2022
Time: 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
Indoor Shoot: McCormick West Building near the Hilton Garden Skywalk.

Photographer Information:

Andrew Garcia, our photographer from the last big C2E2 outing is making a return as our primary photographer.

87666105_211168106937460_6170343226537410560_n.jpg
87877130_172869257501865_4543091052793298944_n.jpg
88968638_10222124257878035_1844772484667146240_n.jpg
89001614_10222124257758032_7598360633448333312_n.jpg

Photos of the shooting site, and directions provided.
The easiest access to this location is to travel to the entrance to the Hyatt Hotel in the south building, and head up the set of escalators as shown. You will then cross the skywalk and end up next to a Starbucks. Continue walking forward till you are near escalators again, and then turn right. It is a straight shot afterward and you should see a Win trust sign and a large number of windows

We do also have other locations planned in case the location is either in use or does not fit the needs of the crew that morning. We will have members setting up in the location before the designated time to make sure everything is set to go for the shoots. Us this video as a reference to where to find the escalator and what the area you are looking for looks like.

Pardon our dust, as we sort this out.

Last edited:
My bad, for some reason this thread posted twice.

Copying my post over from the other thread

Can you put me down for boots on ground? (with the MKVI and Traxus worker) It will be good to have a deadline to work towards.

I'm going to stay in the tentative position until I get a better feeling for money around May.

Man guys remember planning for c2e2 2021 and everyone bailing because of the mask policy but then we realized (me personally with kg and arcangel that helmets were allowed really made everyone mad but we have learned from our mistakes and this year I say if your going go. No matter what the policy says cause it can change also last year there were bus shuttles to ferry you from the parking lots to the entrance so there might be something like that this year I guess

Also made a countdown to c2e2 so we can track how long until it begins Note: this countdown ends at 10:00 of 08/05 cause last year it began at 10:00. If you see any problems with the countdown please tell me and i can fix it. C2E2

Planning on being there. Will either have my Landfall ODST kit, Mjlonir Gen 3 or both!

NobleofDeath16 will there be an official 405th booth at C2E2?
I can always reach out and see if something would be doable. Though with the pandemic looming it might be a miss for this year. But I do have a lot of materials and such for setting up such a booth at conventions!

I can always reach out and see if something would be doable. Though with the pandemic looming it might be a miss for this year. But I do have a lot of materials and such for setting up such a booth at conventions!
Gotcha! Was just curious, I’m planning on making some UNSC themed crates and possibly a gun rack.

Gotcha! Was just curious, I’m planning on making some UNSC themed crates and possibly a gun rack.
Lemme know if you need good assets shots or anything! I put together a huge thread set a while back that RandomRanger managed of good in game shots of stuff. Could always update it with assets too! I also know that Nikoangelo has done some beautiful set design in the recent past and would maybe be interested too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back