Caboose vs Grif's Started Tex Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hey everyone!! Well as you can see in the title I have started to make my Tex costume from Red vs Blue. I've been lurking here for a while now and wish to start my own costume. Constructive criticism is welcome here!! Time for pics:
068.jpg

069.jpg

and here is the back of the torso armor started. Comment freely!!

looks very good... and its a good idea to do a tex costume because to my understanding Tex and MasterChief look identical. so its basically a 2 in 1 project.

Hey thanks more to come later!!

good. you may not have known it but it was an expert move to start with the chest. alot of people start with the helmets because they are probly the coolest part(which they are) and then once they completed the helmet they go "hey this is cool, no need to make the rest of the armor".

but if you start with the chest it kinda forces you to finish (just haveing a chest and a helmet is pointless)

what are you working on at the moment?

Very nice, someone else making Tex armour! I'm curious to see how you'll paint it in the end; I'm currently trying to figure out the best way myself.

It kind of looks like some parts of your chest pep are warping (the shoulders area specifically) which might be due to no support struts (yet). Otherwise, looks good!

good. you may not have known it but it was an expert move to start with the chest. alot of people start with the helmets because they are probly the coolest part(which they are) and then once they completed the helmet they go "hey this is cool, no need to make the rest of the armor".

but if you start with the chest it kinda forces you to finish (just haveing a chest and a helmet is pointless)

what are you working on at the moment?

Now I feel weird, I started from the bottom up with my armor build, so the helmet was last for me. Though it does seem like a good place to start is the center and to work your way outward.

Thanks for the compliments! As for the penguin he is about two feet tall. I'm only about 5 ft. tall so my armor is going to be small. Yes the shoulders look saggy because here are no support struts and.... no I have not finished yet still have the back to do. Apparently my printer is being dumb or something and doesn't print out certain pieces...anyone else have this problem too? Oh and thanks again!! Keep commenting!

Haha! Thanks guys. I just got both of the handplates pepped and they fit perfect!! I know they look a little big in the picture, but in truth they are really small (and I mean REALLY small, only cause my hands are really small!) picture time!!
001.jpg

and on my hand...
002.jpg

The peping on them is pretty rough, but then again they are a hard thing to pep. All in All- they look good though- keep it up

@Sky_Walker : they look rough only because of the hot glue stringy-things, thank you though!
@Annanymous: Thank-you! Muchos Gracias! (Using my terrible spanish skills)

Just got time to resin those bad boys:) took only a couple minutes!! More to come and feel free to comment!

Good to see you're still going strong! Can't wait to see more progress... oh and *clears throat*... Suck It Blue!!!

I've had problems around the borders. I have a Lexmark all in 1 printer and sometimes it cuts off the bottom. Either you need to check the Pep file and see if it's A4 or letter paper size or you need to check your printer settings and check it's border setting. Some people put the parts within a half inch of the border and the printer has it set in 3/4 - 1 inch. Then some printer software moves it to the center of 2 pages and prints half on each (I've had that problem before).

I dont think i have printer problems. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back