Call Me Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cripple

I just started today. Downloaded pep and file which needs to be put on the index btw. And finished one of the spikes about 30 minutes later...

Spiker_spike1.jpg

as i finish more pieces I will add more pictures
oh...and i lost some skin because of super glue XD :lol: :D

oh and yes that is the Spore creature creator case in the back ground top right

in hide sight making the scale smaller was probably a bad idea... lots of little flaps

Looks good, best of luck to ya. Good thing you did scale down though, it would have been about 4 foot long otherwise. lol

your not crazy...just out of your maind and cuisidle...jk(just kiding) but your not crazy hey i havent eaven made any halo thing and im going to make a odst armour and a halo sword

master chief403 said:
your not crazy...just out of your maind and cuisidle...jk(just kiding) but your not crazy hey i havent eaven made any halo thing and im going to make a odst armour and a halo sword

Initiative's a good thing. It's only some cardstock, and if you never try, it'll never get done. Hence, the 11 essays I need to write before August. 0 completed.

Good start there, waiting to see more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i ran out of super glue and its the forth so nothings open...sigh.

got to wait till saturday to get some more.

Yeah i'm a little worried that I might have made it to small for some parts to be structually sound. Oh well. I'm still gonna finish it and then regret later

Cripple said:
Yeah i'm a little worried that I might have made it to small for some parts to be structually sound. Oh well. I'm still gonna finish it and then regret later

LMAO! It looks like you havnt gone too far into it thus far, so why not redo it abit bigger?

Oh and a quick tip: If you use super glue (which I recomend over all other glues) a good way to unglue your fingers from any object is to slowly twist your finger till the glue breaks... You wont loose any skin, but you will end up having dried super glue on your finger...nothin you cant easily pick off though ;)

Well i can't move on anyway until i get some more glue...

Thx for the tip about the super glue. I'll try that next time.
I'm used to plastic glue for warhammer sprues which doesn't actually glue anything very well except plastic. So I'm used to not having to worry about how much glue is on my fingers or where.

For pep, i like hot glue, bcause you can fill in gaps if you need too, but super glue also works very well, but i hate having it on my skin!

Sorry to jack. But here was my attempt. I remember the bottom being so hard to pep I gave up. I still have all the peices so il probrably finish it sometime...

dsc01337au3.jpg

Since you're out of super glue, try regular elmers glue... just to try it. I find that it actually dries rather quickly as long as you don't glob it on there. As a plus -> You don't ever loose skin... Ever

As a spiker builder myself, I wish you luck. Lots of angles and details in them. I would also suggest scaling it up some. Have fun. They do sell stuff to unstick super glue, but I never use it.

smilie120 said:
Sorry to jack. But here was my attempt. I remember the bottom being so hard to pep I gave up. I still have all the peices so il probrably finish it sometime...

dsc01337au3.jpg

I actually think that you were the first person that I saw try the brute spiker, so it sort of inspired me to try.

Then of course I saw all of the other people like smick6 and others who also made spikers.

Sigh...i'm sad. :cry:

I came home from work today to find that my sisters dog had eaten my work on my pep spiker...

I was about half done.

And to make matters worse it would have been a perfect picture because he stopped what he was doing...turns...and stares at me like hes a perfect little angel...and he had the end of one of the spikes sticking a good 3 inches out of his mouth.

To bad that I said my brother could borrow my camera...gawd i'm pissed. That was alot of work.

Ok now that i've vented my anger I think I will just go start my Mjolnir armor....or maybe the marine armor :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back