Calling All Microsoft Windows Oriented People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been out of commission for a while due to my windows trial expiring
I registered then stupidly installed Ubuntu Linux so I could dual-boot without reading the notes I wrote last time I installed it.
Now when I start windows it hangs on "Starting up..."
I can't find a solution on google anywhere, as people keep stating theres an issue with my IDE cable (which obviously isnt the problem if I can use the Linux partition to write this) and other hardware issues.
What I really want to do is just run the "chkdsk" command but cant since I cant even get the damned command line running =\
I promised some people that I would have pep files up for them but I cant run Pep Designer so I can orient the pieces D:
any ideas?

sharkhead7854 said:
Ive been out of commission for a while due to my windows trial expiring
I registered then stupidly installed Ubuntu Linux so I could dual-boot without reading the notes I wrote last time I installed it.
Now when I start windows it hangs on "Starting up..."
I can't find a solution on google anywhere, as people keep stating theres an issue with my IDE cable (which obviously isnt the problem if I can use the Linux partition to write this) and other hardware issues.
What I really want to do is just run the "chkdsk" command but cant since I cant even get the damned command line running =\
I promised some people that I would have pep files up for them but I cant run Pep Designer so I can orient the pieces D:
any ideas?

try reinstalling your windows partition, you might lose the files in that partition unless you have them backed up, or are able to keep it from formatting the whole partition when you reinstall windows again.

after you get it working i would suggest getting the full version of windows :D you can prolly find a key generator for it somewhere if your totally against buying it

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds similar to an IDE Driver problem, try booting in safe mode, and see if it boots fine first. If thats true, youll need your Windows CD, pop that in and just use the Repair Windows option.

i had something like that with vista the only way i fixed it was to put the beta of 7 on it but ether access your files thru ubuntu or reinstall also i do know 2 computer guys that and one is majoring in computers so if any one wants help i can get one of them a heads up and see if they have any advise

also one of my friends is a torrenter sp he may have a ton of windows keys if you need one

thanks for the replies all,
I could back the windows files up to the ubuntu partition Im on right now but I'm always against reinstalling unless i have to
I havent tried booting to safe mode cus I figured the GRUB loader might do something funny with it, but I'll try it right now, brb ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back