Camofred's Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camofred

Jr Member
Ok i have been working on this for a few weeks now but have not had time to put this up

Shin

0206101736.jpg

inside of shin

0206101736a.jpg

flash hider

0206101736b.jpg

Sniper lower receiver outside

0206101737.jpg

insde of the sniper. this thing ir rock solid

0206101737a.jpg

helmet

0206101738.jpg

helmet on head

0206101738a.jpg

sniper stock

0206101739.jpg

torso

0206101739a.jpg

"Trust me Ma'am,I'm an ODST

0206101740.jpg

comments, criticism, and suggestions are gladly taken. please do not spam this is my first build that has gone past peping

Its looking pretty good so far, keep up the good work. The helmet looks great actually, nice clean folds. The torso looks like it may be a tad too big, but its hard for me to tell from the pic, and I'm not as familiar with the Halo 2 ODST's armor and how it should fit lol. But overall its looking really good.

Ends right at the ribs and fits well. I was worried how long the torso shoulder be but it fits like a charm

I hate to double post but i wanted to give progress.

I started to rework a Halo one Marine shoulder I made last year for the right shoulder on my armor. and I have decided how I am going to do the torso. I am planing on cutting away the part under the arms and using the side plates for a halo 3 ODST as replacements. I cant figure out how to make the collar piece and could use the help of any other Halo 2 ODSTs out there.

Camofred said:
I hate to double post but i wanted to give progress.

then edit your origonal post and add your progress there

Last edited by a moderator:
ok its been a while since i have made progress. i was sick and it was too cold to resin(Snow in Georgia? Twice in a year its ah record!)lol but i have started resinning my helmet and am working to have 2 side plates and a shoulder ready to paint by march 1st pics within the next 24 hrs.

Image isn't there and I have a plan, might rethink it but your idea might be good. the shin is coming along and may be ready to sand on Saturday. Muzzle brake looks good sanding to begin soon. Right shoulder is building up nice and sanding may begin by Friday. side plates could be ready to sand tomorrow if I work on them tonight.

there's image

Whoa nice man, my opinion is to mix up the sets!! Not trying to take your post but Im making the ODST body(legs/forearms incld.), a gundam shoulder piece(dynames), Noble six's helmet, and my new mini-mac gun. Mix it up, you might find an interesting combo with the different armor sets that you like, atleast you would be different and not one of the same.

right now im using a halo1 marine plate for the shoulder and possibly thinking of doing a EVA helm for this as a start to my next project.(Cue epic music from a Machinima to give a hint)

EDIT:

pics are now uploaded

0306101622.jpg

new handgun

0306101621.jpg

Re sized the gun by 117% (lol)

0306101622a.jpg

all the pieces

0307101715.jpg

Ahhh.. my new AR. i made one out of card stock and tape in the fall(Just stared using hot glue). this one is much nicer to say the least. it is also reinforced with card board. lots of card board.

0307101715a.jpg

the fore grip

0307101715c.jpg

The front body

0307101716.jpg

the top.

on to the armor

0306101627.jpg

the shoulder is almost built up enough to sand.

0306101626b.jpg

lightly brushed the helmet enough to keep it from caving in when i start adding heavy coats of resin.

0306101626a.jpg

the lower receiver on the sniper is ready to sand.

0306101625b.jpg

and my SMG and side plates. the SMG is the first piece i have used card board to reinforce. can anybody tell me how resin and fiberglass react to card board?

0306101625a.jpg

and the side plates. gotta protect the lower lungs!

for anybody wondering how I plan to do the chest

untitled.jpg

the area in red gets cutoff and replaced with the side plates. as for the neck i think i might cut out the collar and make it out of a fabric or nylon or some thing. suggestions will be taken into consideration.(still kinda new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back