Can Someone Please Make Me Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

S15Costuming

I tried to make the Mark VI helmet many times...and I either lost the cut-outs, cut a area I'm not supposed to, or the pieces rip.

after thinking about it...I'm not cut out to make armor, :(

anyway, the reason I'm posting this today is because I want to ask someone if they can please make armor. You don't have to do it, but I really need help. I was hoping to make it before my little brother's birthday, but I never got good at making armor. So if you can make it, can you E-Mail me @ masterdiaryboy@yahoo.com I'll e-mail the picture of my brother's spartan. I'll pay of course! I'm not expecting for you to do it for free... but if you want to, it's ok too... :)

thanks,

diaryboy

P.S. I don't know if i posted this in the right fourm... I'm not smart at figuring out those things... XP

anyway, have a wonderful day!

P.S. (again) if possible, can you make me armor too? my gamertag is XxBlueFangxX. you can look me up on Bungie.net... ok bye! *waves hand fast*

*leaves*

UPDATE!!!

I have decided to work on armor again...hopefully I don't give up easily this time! :D

well, hi...

I am sorry about your misfortune, and that you have had a crummy start. I understand that you are fustrated. but I must tell you the errors of this post as kind as i can.

first, we dont sell armor here, we build it.

second, if you have problems, we as a community uphold each other and learn together how to overcome problems and fix our mistakes. however, you must be willing to put some effort into your project.

third, practice makes perfect, so keep at it! :D

again, sorry for the demeanor of this reply, but if you really want to build armor, you can learn from us and use the forums and their wisdom to your advantage. if you have any quesions about anything armor realted, read the stickies. if that doesnt help, there is a Q and A team here to help as well.

good day

Ok I'm guessing your new to the forums, yes? Anyways, mainly on here it's kinda frowned upon asking for people to do stuff for you but it is allright if someone OFFERS to do it for you, and the whole willing to pay thing is nice and everything but only a select few do money transactions and also selling armour kinda goes against Microsoft's game content usage rules ---> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm it's a lenghty process anyways if you want to try to make armor but hey alot of people here ARE here to help you learn and NOT to teach you. I'm willing to help you buy giving you some begginers advise like, the halo1 marine helmet is what you should start with not some markVI high-def helmet like I tried lol, but any questions you need ask me cause I'm willing to help you and if you want armor then you and me will idk.. I pep and resin a helmet and you send me some visors or something?( that's the way it's supposed to be not money but rather trading) so see you around diaryboy! :D

Not trying to sound like a jerk but it's very unlikely that anyone will build you armor. At least not for a price that a teenager (like you or me) could afford.

The best advice i can give is to have patience, keep reading the forums and learning, and keep trying :) you might not be able to get some built before your bro's birthday but maybe you could make it a Christmas present for him.

Are you using cardstock? becuase if you aren't then you probably are going to rip the pieces easily. As for all the other things, figure out how to fix it and fix it! Wouldn't it feel better to give your brother something YOU made for him?

Never give up. NEVER, EVER, GIVE UP.

Keep on going until your fingers bleed (Not recommended, though). Do it for your brother. Do it for yourself. And start with the lower Definition helmets so you can practice. THEN start with the High Def helmets.

start easy..

Try some of the standard definition pieces or even Mr Oreo123's smooth armor that some of us use for size testers. Go with doing a couple handplates and work your way up to bigger more complex pieces. Use a hobby knife to cut the pieces and to keep from losing them put them all in a folder or something, its what I do.

You WIll mess up somewhere, we all have at one time or another but determination, patience and practice will get it done. The most important thing is take your time. I have ruined pieces trying to rush them out for no reason. Now get back in there and try again.

Not to be rude, but like my friend says: If you can't make it yourself, you don't deserve to have it.

Pepakura maybe a bit challenging to some, but if you really want the armor, you have to have the want and persistence to make it.

And, if you need help, you have the whole 405th community to help you out.

So yea man, just stay persistent, and you will achieve.

Good luck!

-P.S: Wouldn't it feel great to wear armor that you can proudly say you made than armor you bought of someone?

You give up? Bud, I've only been trying this for 2 weeks, I've pepped 6 pieces. I have only 2 so far that are useable (maybe). One thing I will tell you, it takes time and patience.

Most of the people here are too busy builing their own armor to build one for somebody else. BTW, is you avatar from Gaia? Sad to say it, but I have a Gaia T^T

Mate, this hobby takes dedications, and you can't just give up.

You have to keep trying. A lot us have had a crappy start, but kept trying and made awesome armor. You can as well. Keep the pepakura pieces in a crayon box or something like that and have an organized work space.

It just take dedication. ;)

See above, and more. Seriously, I've been at this for a few YEARS now, and only now do I have a decent helm, and a set of shoulders.

This takes a LOT of time, a LOT of patience, a HELL of a lot of practise, and unfortunately, it'll eat through your budget like woodworm through old floorboards. You really, really can't take this lightly.

DogWizard said:
Nah...save up the "mean" for a better target - this one's too easy...

I'm pretty sure the mods don't want anyone to unleash their "mean" on anyone (You're probably being sarcastic, but this is for the people that think it might be a good idea, which is not).

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys...i guess i'll keep trying.

;_;

my brother want's a HD helm REAL bad... I guess he will have to go with the easier one. :(

anyway, thanks again! i'll keep trying! :D

diaryboy

Haven923 said:
Most of the people here are too busy builing their own armor to build one for somebody else. BTW, is you avatar from Gaia? Sad to say it, but I have a Gaia T^T

yeah, that is my gaia avi! add me if you want :)

the username is the same as here

if youre looking for a full suit for less than $700, id suggest just making it yourself. even the guys that arent molding their pieces, using cardboard, etc. are putting in enough work to make it more costly than that. it took me 2 or 3 months of practicing and failing before i had a piece that i was ready to make the next steps with. propping and costuming isnt something you can just pick up and do. you can put in the time and work and build your own items, or you can put in the money to buy it. either way, you have to put in a lot.

also, if you have friends that are interested in what youre doing, drag them in to it too! ERINocalypse and Techbot were on the sidelines watching me make all the Ghostbuster and Halo gear that we take to cons, but once i actually somewhat explained how i was doing everything they got involved and have sped up the process a whooooooooole lot. and now i dont even have to pep. ERINocalypse is a pep machine. she knocked out the ODST Dutch helmet in one day. if anyone expresses interest in what youre doing, ask them if they want to do it with you!

Goosebot 5000 said:
if youre looking for a full suit for less than $700, id suggest just making it yourself. even the guys that arent molding their pieces, using cardboard, etc. are putting in enough work to make it more costly than that. it took me 2 or 3 months of practicing and failing before i had a piece that i was ready to make the next steps with. propping and costuming isnt something you can just pick up and do. you can put in the time and work and build your own items, or you can put in the money to buy it. either way, you have to put in a lot.

also, if you have friends that are interested in what youre doing, drag them in to it too! ERINocalypse and Techbot were on the sidelines watching me make all the Ghostbuster and Halo gear that we take to cons, but once i actually somewhat explained how i was doing everything they got involved and have sped up the process a whooooooooole lot. and now i dont even have to pep. ERINocalypse is a pep machine. she knocked out the ODST Dutch helmet in one day. if anyone expresses interest in what youre doing, ask them if they want to do it with you!

that's awesome, also, what do you guys do for inspriation for building the armor

You keep at it, dont give up and you wil find yourself much much happier in the long run. Learn from what you have done before, no effort is ever wasted as long as you can look back and learn from it. Your next attempt may surprise you greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back